STDs Expert Forum
genital discomfort

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

genital discomfort

I am not real sure how to ask this, so I will just ask.  In the last 4 or 5 weeks something is very different in regards to my sex life.  First of all, I find I have a rash on my scrotum.  Not real bad, probably jock itch and I have been putting an antifungal cream on it and it is almost gone.  But I also get very sore around the top of my penis after having sex.  Just below the head there appears to be like little divets in the skin surface.  Is this something I should be worried about.  Could it be something that I am passing to my wife.  The area gets sore when I have an erection and with the obvious friction.  There are no obvious sores, just divets and it feels raw.  There is no discharge at all just the outer discomfort.  Please Help!!

I'm sorry, I don't know how to interpret "divet" (I think spelling is divot, but I'm not a golfer!).  And I don't know if "feels raw" means it IS raw, i.e. red and sore?  You also don't say anything about whether you or your wife are at risk for STD, but the vague description you give doesn't like STD.  Maybe a yeast infection??  Did you try the antifungal cream?  The standard advice applies here:  see a health care provider.

Rashes on the scrotum rarely are STD, and the response to antifungal cream indictes it was jock itch.

Good luck--  HHH, MD