Sarcoidosis Support User Group
Welcome to the Group!
About This Group:

Welcome to the sarcoidosis support group, a place where sarcoid sufferers can go to discuss symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in any stage of the disease.

Founded by mygoode on October 4, 2010
31 members

Welcome to the Group!

Welcome everyone.  Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us what brings you here.

My name is Misty.  I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis earlier this year after several strange symptoms (3.5 week fever of unknown origin, uveitus, swollen parotid gland with no masses or infection and slight breathing difficulties among other things) lead to a chest CT showing grossly enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes.  After several rounds of blood work ruled out sarcoidosis, they suspected lymphoma and sent me in for a biopsy.  Luckily, the biopsy showed no signs of cancer but sarcoidosis was evident.  Although all this has been quite a roller coaster ride, I'm fortunate that we've been able to rule out major lung, heart and neural complications.  My lymph nodes are the complicated factor in my case.  They're large enough to be cutting off my pulmonary artery which is causing my breathing problems.  Hopefully, the prednisone they've put me on reduces the size of my lymph nodes in a timely manner and the other strange symptoms begin to disappear.  My parotid gland is already back down to size after only a week of treatment.  My breathing issues have not been so quick to resolve but I was told that my nodes, which should be less than a millimeter, are over two inches in diameter.  

Ahh... the prednisone.  That's a discussion for a different day.
adventurer53 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 03
karajo commented on calamfred's status
Jan 25
Mewzycman commented on Low blood sugar
Jan 14