Welcome to the Group!
Welcome everyone.  Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us what brings you here.

My name is Misty.  I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis earlier this year after several strange symptoms (3.5 week fever of unknown origin, uveitus, swollen parotid gland with no masses or infection and slight breathing difficulties among other things) lead to a chest CT showing grossly enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes.  After several rounds of blood work ruled out sarcoidosis, they suspected lymphoma and sent me in for a biopsy.  Luckily, the biopsy showed no signs of cancer but sarcoidosis was evident.  Although all this has been quite a roller coaster ride, I'm fortunate that we've been able to rule out major lung, heart and neural complications.  My lymph nodes are the complicated factor in my case.  They're large enough to be cutting off my pulmonary artery which is causing my breathing problems.  Hopefully, the prednisone they've put me on reduces the size of my lymph nodes in a timely manner and the other strange symptoms begin to disappear.  My parotid gland is already back down to size after only a week of treatment.  My breathing issues have not been so quick to resolve but I was told that my nodes, which should be less than a millimeter, are over two inches in diameter.  

Ahh... the prednisone.  That's a discussion for a different day.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
DMRobbins0226 commented on My GYN made me mad.
Feb 08
Antelope22 commented on My GYN made me mad.
Dec 13
iris986 New diagnosis, ulcerative c... Comment
Dec 06