Shingles Community
Shingles, Flu and Superglue

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Shingles, Flu and Superglue

Hello,  I am male, athletically healthy, 25 yrs old.  I just broke out in shingles on my left lower back (itchy for 2 days, then just today visible).  This is the second time in my life, the first being when I was ~10yrs old, when it was on my left mid back.  I had chickenpox before.

My questions are:  could this have been triggered by the flu vaccine that I got about 1.5 weeks ago?  is marijuana known to lower the immune system?  or is stress the most likely cause?

For treatment, is there any potential positives or negatives of using Superglue over the blisters?  Much the same as over a friction blister.

Finally, I work tutoring hours at both elementary and middle schools.   Should I call in sick?

Many thanks
As a tip to other shingles patients:  Localized Fever  

I used a very small room heater, and sat about 2 feet away and warmed the area of my shingles for about 30mins / day.   It hurt a lot (a lot), even though I was not burning the skin around the blisters.

Because of this, I it's only day 5 of my shingles and they are already scabbed over and healing.   I believe that the 'localized fever' has really helped my heal faster.