Shingles Community
shingles pain without the rash..is it shingles?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

shingles pain without the rash..is it shingles?

I truly hope to find some type of answers.... for almost 2wks I have had horrible pain on my right side .. my breast...ribs..chest..the whole area feels like I was ran over by a truck... my Dr. says it sounds like Shingles but its not likey since there isno rash present.....  I've had x-rays that are normal.. but still the unbearable pain... can Shingles be present with no rash?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
You can develop shingles without the rash, its called zoster sine herpete, its rare but does happen
Blank
It can't be very rare because I've come across it several times today and "no rash" I have had pain in my left shoulder, and upper arm for a couple of years and have been told its ligaments and muscular, well on Saturday, I found blisters on my arm and immediately went to the doctor, he drained the blister and sent it to a lab, results, this Friday.  I am
on Valtrex, hope it works
Blank
I am having something very simaler, it started with a pin in my lower left back then my left arm I went to the er and they found like 3 little red bumps on my back near the pain and thought it was shingles. My left abdomen has hurt for a few days and I see now that my lymph nodes are swollen in my lower stomach, the rash has not really developed yet though, could they have misdiagnosed this? I seem to have the same paain but no rash... I am nervous because I do not know what is wrong with me.
Blank
1545021_tn?1322481085
Have you  had any luck treating this? My mom has been getting like monthly flare ups of shingles and I feel so horrible for her. She can get rid of the rash but the pain is really bad. She is in so much pain and she's not the type to complain but she said it's horrible. I want to help her  :(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Shingles Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...