Supraventricular tachycardia User Group
Flecainide
About This Group:

Symptoms of Supreventricular Tachycardia also know as SVT can come on suddenly and can go away without treatment. Episodes of SVT are caused for a reason other than stress, exercise or emotion. They can last a few minutes or as long as 1 or 2 days, sometimes continuing until treated. The rapid beating of the heart during SVT can make the heart a less effective pump so that the cardiac output is decreased and the blood pressure drops. The following symptoms are typical with a rapid pulse of 150–251 beats per minute: Pounding chest Shortness of breath Chest pain Rapid breathing Dizziness Loss of consciousness (in serious cases) Numbness of various body parts If you have SVT this group is for you.

Founded by anxietygad on March 15, 2010
61 members

Flecainide

Hi Everyone

Ive had VT/SVT for years - not controlled but recently diagnosed via reveal monitor.  Reading alot here of people going to see electrocardiologist and wonder if I should be pushing for this as my cardio keeps mentioning that he MIGHT refer me.  Im on low dose of Bisoprolol which doesnt do nothing for the SVT but does cut down those horrible PVC's.  Last time I was up at A&E they gave me Flecainide to take twice a day and then another dose if I had an episode.  I had a 15min one last night (trying to identify the culprit, anyone have probs with peanut butter?) and within 10mins of taking the drug it stopped.  Does it work that quickly?  Also - and this will sound odd - anyone notice more PVC's and SVT when they have had or need a poo! and when hungry..on a diet?

1 Comment
  Definitely see an Electropysiologist (EP)!!  This is their specialty!  I'm surprised your cardio has not already referred you.   I am not familiar with any of the drugs as I opted for the ablation and am one month post procedure and doing GREAT!  No episodes, even with strenuous exercise at high elevation!    I'd recommend getting info on the ablation, d considering it AND finding a good EP Dr.
Good luck,
Maura
merileegal commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10
DeltaDawn23 commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10
kbug1013 commented on 3 years since success...
Apr 10