Flecainide
Hi Everyone

Ive had VT/SVT for years - not controlled but recently diagnosed via reveal monitor.  Reading alot here of people going to see electrocardiologist and wonder if I should be pushing for this as my cardio keeps mentioning that he MIGHT refer me.  Im on low dose of Bisoprolol which doesnt do nothing for the SVT but does cut down those horrible PVC's.  Last time I was up at A&E they gave me Flecainide to take twice a day and then another dose if I had an episode.  I had a 15min one last night (trying to identify the culprit, anyone have probs with peanut butter?) and within 10mins of taking the drug it stopped.  Does it work that quickly?  Also - and this will sound odd - anyone notice more PVC's and SVT when they have had or need a poo! and when hungry..on a diet?

Definitely see an Electropysiologist (EP)!!  This is their specialty!  I'm surprised your cardio has not already referred you.   I am not familiar with any of the drugs as I opted for the ablation and am one month post procedure and doing GREAT!  No episodes, even with strenuous exercise at high elevation!    I'd recommend getting info on the ablation, d considering it AND finding a good EP Dr.
Good luck,
Maura
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Shellalbany uploaded a new photo
Aug 09
Shellalbany joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 09
khosa joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 21