Flu H1N1 vaccine in 3rd trimester?
I am 37 weeks pregnant.  Can/should I get a flu vaccine now?  Is the H1N1 vaccine available?  If not, should I/we get it after my baby is born?

Thank you--
LMC
I think it'll be available in October so you'll have had baby by then! Right now they're testing the vaccine on some individuals, at least that's what I've last heard.

You should get the flu vaccine every year. The H1N1 virus is as virulent as other strands of flu. More people have died from other strands of flu than this one. So definitely get vaccinated.
Thank you JoyRenee, I will plan for that...was wondering if I should rush out and hunt one down!

Does anyone know if they give flu shots to newborns?
No they don't. At least not where I live.
I don't know if they give flu shots to newborns but I do know they don't have an H1N1 vaccine available yet.  I work at a non-profit clinic and November is when we usually get the flu vaccine's for our patients because that is when flu season techincally begins.  I don't know if they are available sooner than that though.  Our doctor has said that they will hopefully have a H1N1 vaccine available by then.  Even though the current flu vaccine only vaccinates against 50% of the strains out there, the doctor where I work reccomends everyone get vaccinated.  Also, from what our doctor said, the H1N1 vaccine (when out) would be provided to women and children first, plus healthcare workers.  Just a little more information, the H1N1 virus affects 18-24 year olds more because their immune system isn't as mature, so depending on your age just more reason to get vaccinated.
There is still so much unknown about the vaccine due to lack of previous data. It has performed well in trails, and studies but who knows how it will do when it hits the masses.  The CDC has already recommended that pregnant women, people over 50, those with asthma, or heart disease not receive the vaccine until further testing.
I am pasting the information straight from the CDC website.  It says they are recommending pregnant women get this vaccine first before others.

We do not expect that there will be a shortage of 2009 H1N1 vaccine, but availability and demand can be unpredictable. There is some possibility that initially the vaccine will be available in limited quantities. In this setting, the committee recommended that the following groups receive the vaccine before others: pregnant women, people who live with or care for children younger than 6 months of age, health care and emergency medical services personnel with direct patient contact, children 6 months through 4 years of age, and children 5 through 18 years of age who have chronic medical conditions.