Swine Flu Community
H1N1 after vaccine

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

H1N1 after vaccine

I received the vaccine 15 days ago.  I thought I was getting a cold yesterday but things have progressed.  I now have head congestion, headache, sorethroat, general body aches and a fever of 100.4 after tylenol.  I live with my husband who is on chemo and just received his vaccine a week ago, a 1 month postpartum daughter her hysban and a one month old and a two year old and a handycapped 94 year mother in law who I care for.  What can I do to protect others in my home, I have quarantined myself to my room.  I also have asthma and am wondering if I will get any benefit from the vaccine I received.
Thank you
Nanijo
in your case, i would contact the dr ad get tested for flu. it may be another strain. in addition, i know it takes 2+ weeks for your system to build the immunity from the vaccine. get tested, and if it is genuinely flu, the vulnerble members of your family may be prescribed tamiflu.there's also a lot of other illnesses going around. my mom's doc said around here, most cases are bronchitis that requires antibiotics.