pregnant and worried about the swine flu!
im Kind of nervous.I just found out i am 4 weeks pregnant is it safe for me to get swine flu vaccination.I have 2 year old daughter and she is getting vaccinated next week and i would like us all to be safe.What are your opinions should i wait till im 12 weeks or is it okay?????
I am 16 weeks & days. I have 3 children (9, 6, & 2) My oldest son is in 4th grade and there are several kids and even teachers in his grade that has it.It seems to be worse in his grade!!  It scares me to death and since my sons school does not have enough since to close down for awhile I have pulled my kids out for the rest of the week and then next week in fall break. I personally am not getting the swine flu shot nor are my kids! They have not tested it enough for me!  However, we will be getting the regular flu shot. I am really worried if I get it, because my friend called me yesterday and said that her son has it & that the doctor told her it was affecting pregnant women worse than anyone. So that scared me to death! I guess I will just watch where I go and to whom I come in contact with & keep antibacterial with me.
http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/vaccination/pregnant_qa.htm  is a link with more info for the h1n1 vaccinations and pregnant women if you are interested in getting vaccinated against it.

Have you talked to your obgyn at all yet about this? I'm sure being 4 weeks along you haven't had an appointment yet but you still have a few more weeks until the vaccine will be available to you anyways so if you can be seen for your 1st prenatal visit within the next month, it's a good time to ask your questions about it :)

Congratulations on being pregnant :)

grace
im 9 weeks pregnant and went to my OB/GYN on the 15th.. i asked him if i should get the swine flu shot and he highly recomened it to me.. he said there has been reports of pregnant women dieing from it..i was scared and asked him all kids of questions and he asnswered then the best he could..he did tell me it would not kill me or the baby..and that it was a dead virus. so i got it..i would rather take the chance with the vaccine then me and my unborn child die from the swine flu.