Swine Flu Community
swine flu

This community is for discussions relating to Swine Flu. Links to outside news sources will be permitted in this community to exchange information and keep up with this changing event.

View the archives of Dr. Enoch Choi's health chat on the swine flu

swine flu

hello
i have had the flu for 5 days now only got told yesterday it was swine flu if anyone has had it im wondering
how do i stop being sick all the time i been vomiting blood all day i have spoken to the doc he says its normal
but i am really worried and just wanted to know how can i make it stop

many thanks
jenny  
go to the ER ASAP!!!!
Vomiting blood is NOT NORMAL!!
That is NOT a normal symptom of the swine flu or any other yearly flu.

Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Vomiting blood (hematemesis) can indicate a life-threatening condition, so promptly identifying the cause is essential.

*****While vomiting blood may be caused by swallowed blood, as from a nosebleed or forceful coughing, truly vomiting blood usually represents something more serious and requires immediate medical attention.****

Bleeding in your upper gastrointestinal tract (mouth, esophagus, stomach and upper small intestine) from peptic ulcers or torn blood vessels is a common cause of vomiting blood.

Blood in vomit may be bright red, or it may appear black or dark brown like coffee grounds.

***********Call 911 if vomiting blood causes dizziness after standing, rapid, shallow breathing or other signs of shock.************

thankyou
it has stopped now i was being sick from around 9 at night till 5 in morn everynight the doc cant explain why only at certain times i was sick

the issue i have now is im dangerously dehydrated but i cant rehydrate my throat is so dry that i cant swallow down the water its causing me to get headaches, halucination

i feel theres an issue here and that i am just being pushed away by doctors am i ???
Hi Jenny, I'm Sarah and caught the swine flu in July. I'm STILL nauseous and throw up, have flu-like symptoms, etc... The drs don't know really why either. They're calling it post viral chronic fatigue syndrome and/or Lupus.

To this day each of my symptoms have been treated as separate occurrences, so I have a pill for the nausea, for the upper left quadrant pain, for GERD (post viral), etc.

I hope you feel better soon, I know when I contracted this I was working full time, healthy and enjoying life, since I've been sick I've lost my job and have been put on disability because they "don't know" much about the swine flu or its complications. Even though I worked in the medical field and used every precaution they told me to, I still got sick! Talk to you soon...