Increase or decrease of thyroid medications
Can you tell me how a doctor adjusts your medication when he gets the tests back?  Example, if the TSH is too high does he lower or increase your Synthroid?  I understand if the TSH is high it means you are not receiving enough thyroixin.  Also, is 150 mcg lower in dosage than 175 mcg?  If you are on 175mcg and your TSH comes back high would he prescribe 150mcg?   Thanks for your help.    Lynn
If you are taking thyroxin and your TSH comes back too high, the dose should be raised AFTER your Free T4 and Free T3 is checked.

150mcg is less medicine than 175mcg. If you are taking 175mcg and your TSH is rising, a slightly larger dose would be the normal procedure. Jumping to 200mcg may be too much. I'm not sure if there is a dose between 175mcg and 200mcg.

Lowering the dose to 150mcg will probably make you shorter on hormones and your TSH will rise faster. There may be something you left out, but based on the information you provided, I would expect your doctor to raise the dose or retest in a month, not lower the dose.
Thank you.  That was my concern.  I thought maybe I was missing something.  I see a GP, and I need to get into a Endocronologist.  My now Dr. said my TSH was too high and reduced my meds from 175 mcg to 150 mcg.  I have questioned him and he had me get another TSH done yesterday.  I will hear from him in a couple of days, and will question him on this.   Thanks for your help.....Lynn