Thyroid Disorders Community
Is 'NO Salt' , salt substitute ok for LID?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is 'NO Salt' , salt substitute ok for LID?

Sorry if I keep asking about this, but on this LID I have become obsessed with a search for something to give some flavor to my food. I was in the health food store today and came across this product called "No Salt", it says its a salt substitute, has no sodium or msg and flavours like salt but is salt free. Listed on the label is potassium chloride, potassium bitartrate, adipic acid,silicon dioxide, mineral oil and fumaric acid.

Now I know I am supposed to stay away from anything iodized, am I safe in assuming this hasn't been iodized? I was also doing some research on kosher salt/pickling salt ( I am that desperate :) , the info I find states that kosher salt has no iodine and no additives, is this accurate or should I keep looking for the magic label that says it's noniodized? If anyone has any experiences with this or similar products, please let me know. Thanks.

Jez
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Just get the morton salt without iodine .It says it right on the front on the box.You will find right next to the redular salt at the grocery store
Love Venora
Blank
HeartCare (Low Sodium Salt) is a salt substitute. A low-sodium food additive that tastes like salt. It is used as a dietary alternative to salt.

Low Sodium Salt is high in natural potassium. It is specially developed to reduce sodium intake. Lower sodium in diets may help in management of high blood pressure, maintaining normal body weight & promoting physical activity.

For more details visit our website. http://www.salt.soo.co.in/low-sodium-salt-substitute.htm

low sodium table salt, low sodium sea salt, low sodium sea salt, potassium salt substitute, inorganic salt, high potassium salt, salt substitute nutrition, low sodium food seasoning, manufacturer, exporter, india
Different types of salts
Sundaram Overseas Operation, India
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949