Muscle spasms and joint pain
I was diagnosed with graves about a year ago and chose not to have the RAI treatment. I have been taking tapazole and my numbers are good. I have been having cramps in places that i didnt know you could have them in like my ribs my neck and under my arms.  My endo checked my vitamin D level and it was 9 so he put me on 50,000 IU of D once a week. Since i have been on the vitamin D (6 weeks) my cramps are worse and now i have muscle and joint pain all the time. It seems like everything on my body hurts and after weeks of pain i am really in a MOOD!! I was wondering if vitamin D causes these symptoms and if there is anything that i can do to make things better, faster.
have you had your calcium levels checked? also some kidney and liver panels need to be ran.
My endo told me that my calcium levels were in the normal range but he didn't mention the actual number.
what is that number? and did you have the other tests?
I dont go back to my endo until 4-14 at which time i will be asking for a copy of all my numbers from all the blood tests that i have done the week before i see him. I am just cofused because he didnt tell me that my cramps and spasms and joint pain would be sooo much worse than before i started the vit D. I have read that graves can cause osteoporosis and since there is no way to know how long i've had graves should i be tested for it?