Thyroid Disorders Community
Porcine Thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Porcine Thyroid

Hello , does anyone knows about  Nutri-Meds™ Whole Desiccated Porcine Thyroid Concentrate capsules. 130 mg. Has anyone tryed them I heard that it is close to Armour.  Do you have any Idea????  Has anyone tryed them I heard that it is close to Armour.  
There is Porcine thyroid and Bovine Thyroid so be careful before you take anything OTC.
A pharmacist friend and I discussed this together a while ago. With the shortage of desiccated thyroid medication - people are seeking other brands to keep them well.

This one you talk about is a raw form of thyroid powder - which I have yet to learn if raw is not as good as freeze dried. The similiarity of this to Armour seems quite good - but again, I have not learned a whole lot in formation yet in it.

The grain dosage is high too. This lookes like at least a 2 grain amount is in there so knowing the dosages you are taking and how you are splitting it is necessary to compare with your doctor.

I am not sure of the filler content or the ratio alotment per script is being processed. There are guidelines on how much powder to add - vs - fillers and I do not know the consistancy of ratios they are allowed. With this being a an OTC supplement label - things are not regulated as best as they should, but this brand does come out higher in standards then others from what I am understanding.

If it is a mix of bovine with porcine - both products are different - but are allowed to be called the same in grain values. They are not the same and you may find what you take in Armour could be too much - or too little thyroid hormones to best suit your needs.
Thanks for you info !!!! it is very helpfull .