Soya and The Throid
I have soya milk instead of ordinary skimmed milk, I have now been advised not to take Soya  because I have an under active thyroid....Is this correct and should I stop taking it????
soy blocks the iodine absorption  that the thyroid needs to function.    It also mimics hormones and can screwed that up to.
I read recently that soy also makes thryroid replacement pills less effective as it interferes with your body's ability to absorb the medication.
hi rose and kell

i take thyroxine and this year have had to have my dose raised twice. Interestingly it's only in the past year or so i've been drinking soya milk, not massive amounts but a glass or two a week
i also eat soya mince as i dont eat red meat on the whole

i'm worried now as to what to do; i suppose i could use quorn mince and drink skimmed milk but i do like soya milk, especially the alpro soya chocolate version!!

i did read an article that said if you take your meds at a different time to the soya then you should be ok, anyone else read similar?

a pity as i like soya milk, i could live without it but i only heard about this, this past week! and i thought it was good for me!