Symptoms after partial thyroidectomy
I had a partial thyroidectomy in April to remove a follicular tumor.  I had a FNB but in was inconclusive.  My doctor ran tests shortly after and said all my thyroid levels looked fine.  (so I am currently on no meds)  However, since then I have been having some symptoms that lead me to believe something is still not functioning right.  First, I am lethargic and depressed.  I have never been someone prone to depression or a melancholy personality.  In fact, I am quite the opposite.  However, since my surgery I seem to have this dark cloud that hangs over my head.  I can not make decisions and find myself staying at home alone and getting very sad.  Also, I have experienced weight gain since my surgery.  Additionally, I have had some muscle cramps (again not something I am prone to) and my feet, hands and lips seem very dry.  Even my nails seem to look different.  I am going to go in for more tests this week.  I just wonder if this is normal and if anyone else has experienced it.  I am just ready to get back to normal!!

Thanks!
I'm not sure what type of doctor you're seeing, but my experience has shown that it's best to see someone who deals a lot with thyroid.  An endocrinologist at the least, but ideally one with a lot of experience with thyroid.  (there is a site, http://www.thyroidologists.com/ that has a list of them, maybe there's one in your area).

You don't say what your levels are, but that would be helpful for you to know. I always ask for a copy of mine, for my files at home. I have found people to be very helpful here interpretting results.  Also, I have found the "ask the doctor" forum here to be great. Dr. Lupo is wonderful, very helpful, but you would want to have the numbers in your post.

My experience with surgery was different, total thyroidectomy for papillary carcinoma, but I definitley had a period of adjusting meds.

As I'm sure you know, many of your symptoms can go along with thyroid levels being off so don't give up. Keep us up to date.

You sound just like me. I had a partial left thyroidectomy in May 07. I still felt lousy and not right. By October I had had enough and demanded an anti-bodies test and discovered I have Hashimoto's Disease. Later that month my other side flared up and had to be taken out due to Hurthle cells. But that was not related to my feeling like  a bag of pooh! I suggest you get an anti-bodies test down. If you do have Hashimoto's you will be given some medication. My levels were always fine too, but I gained weight, felt lousy and had horrendous depression.
Hope that helps!
OMG!!!!   I think all of us who had PT feel the same. Mine was done in May 08. My biopsy was inclusive and I had follicular also.  Would we have survived if we didn't get the surgery?  
I think just having this kind of surgery would cause anyone depression. I just had a crying attack yesterday. I couldn't stop. I thought I was going to hyper-ventilate.
It's a very tramatic thing to go through. My husband has been very good with me in understanding the toll this has had on me.
I have also gained weight. My TSH was 0.6 before and after the surgery, yet the Endo put me on Synthroid, 25mcg (lowest dose).  I haven't had another blood test yet, it's due next week, and week after that I go back to Endo. I just hope this medication hasn't messed me up.  
I feel tired all the time. Saturday, I did  nothing all day. I had no motivation to do a thing.
I know of course if we all get out there and do some activities we will "feel" better. I guess it's just gonna be our responsibility to do it. I don't want to feel this way anymore either. I want to laugh, play, and enjoy my life.
All of this sounds so familiar. I also had a partial removal, my TSH was being tested every 6 wks. I am now up to 125mcg, I do feel much better and still having difficulty losing weight but my biggest complaint is the extreme pain I have in my collar bone. Has anyone else experienced this? The doctor doesn't know whats causing this but will send me to a physical therapist for treatment but I would rather know whats causing it.
I too had a partial in Nov. 2010 and I am miserable. I find that sometimes I am tired for no reason, emotional, and anxiety ridden. I haven't been put on any thyroid replacement medication because my levels have fallen in the normal ranges. I also have other issues as well...makes me sad to see others still suffering after surgery.
Can't you find a good thyroid doctor that will test and treat you adequately?
I had a partial thyroidectomy back in 07 and I have had the same problems. I have gained 50 ponds in 4 years, I see and endocrinologist who has me on 75 mgs. of synthroid and also gives me adipex for the weight gain. I am reluctant to take the adipex when I do I only take half of one because I cannot sleep, it does help with the weight though. I feel very depressed most of the time, I have no energy and just don't feel good. Honestly, I regret taking mine out, I had nodules on my right side and after 2 years of observing it, the Dr. said it had gotten bigger and needed removed. I never dreamed I would feel this bad after having  it removed.  I guess this is the new normal.
This is a very old thread and most of the previous posters no long participate in the forum.  You might want to start your own new thread, listing your most current thyroid blood test results and the reference ranges.  This is will help members assess your treatment and comment more fully on your particular situation.