Thyroid Disorders Community
Taking Estrogen while taking Armour

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Taking Estrogen while taking Armour

I final got on Armour and trying to figure out how to take it with the other meds that I take. I take estrogen and iron as well as a wellbutrin.  I have been taking Armour sublingual, my question is can I take the other meds at the same time since they are being swallowed?

If you are taking Armour sublingual there should be any problems with other meds or supplements. If swllowed, its best to wait 4 hours with iron and calcium.  Are you splitting the Armour or taking it all at once?  I take Armour in 2 doses. The first dose I swallow and the second dose I let dissolve near my cheek and gums.
I would not advise doing the estrogen at the same time as the Armour even though you are taking it sublingual.

To much hormones at one time.

I think it would be best to do your estrogen (cream?) in the evening after you have finished the Armour dosing.

How much Armour are you on?
I take 90 of Armour and 2 mg of Estrodial. I have been taking 2 47.5 mg of iron, not sure if that is right yet.  I am now having issue with joint pain. Not sure if it is from Armour and/or iron. Any ideas?