Total Thyroidectomy & Synthroid Dosage
I know it's different for everyone, but what is the average dose of synthroid for people who have has a thyroidectomy?  
My doctor started me off on .175 and then I had an anxiety attack the other day (see journal)  today he said my numbers were good, but reduced me to .137 and gave me some .150 samples as well.  He said to start on the .137 and if I felt sluggish to take the .150's .  How will I know the difference between general fatigue and not enough synthroid.  Would the .175 have caused my anxiety attack?  

help!
thanks!
Sounds like you need to be put on thyroid replacement hormones, if you haven't already been.  

Have you had any blood tests to determine what your levels are?  

I've never had a thyroidectomy, but I've had surgery on vocal cords and the worst thing you can do is cough........ sip water or suck on lemon drops, etc. to soothe your throat.
I had a partial thyroid removal done 4 years ago. I had a benign nodule the size of a baseball. Up until 3 months ago my TSH levels were normal. I went in for a routine screen and my TSH jumped to 4.5. I was put on 25MCG of levothyroxine. Last week, my TSH was tested to be high again and I am now on a dose of 50MCG. My doctor told me that I have Hashimotos disease which probably means that I will need increasingly higher dosages as time progresses.
I started on 150 mcg t4,  on 255 now, probably will be bumped to 275 mcg next.  I am 5"11 175, slender male.   I dont think there is a formula for this, all based on your natural metabolism.
Unfortunately, TSH is not the only parameter that needs to be tested.  You need, also, to have free T3 and Free T4 tested, to see what your actual thyroid hormone levels are.  Your medication should be adjusted, based on actual hormone levels, rather than TSH, which is a pituitary hormone and can fluctuate greatly, even intraday.
Wished I had seen this post in 2010.  Guys if you have tingling and weakness even on one side of the body, make sure the docs are checking your calcium levels.   It could be low calcium since your parathyroids may have been inadvertently removed or irritated during surgery.   Took years to get things smoothed out for me.  Been on 425 MCG (0.425mg - yes you read correctly), 3000mg calcium daily, 50,000 units Vitamin D 3 days a week to get levels where they should be and make sure I am suppressed for papillary CA.

Carrie
and you feel how?

I kept thinking i was hypo and they kept increasing me, when in reality i was hyPERthyroid and i got reduced to 125.
excellent !
I'm in trouble been on thyroid since 70's removed for cancer last weeks felt like heart attack aches headaches eyes weird went to hospital they checked for heart attack said blood pressure 200/  put me on blood pressure med istl feel terrible really bad said level was a little high I fell its more than a little high can a test be wrong
Any test can always be a bit off, but if you are talking about blood pressure, that is a fairly reliable test.  If you are still feeling bad, I urge you to go to a doctor or hospital and find out more.  
hi, I know its a little late to respond to your comment.  I had a total thyroidectomy in 1993 because of thyroid cancer and for so many years I was ok taking synthroid .1mg.  When I got pregnant 4 years ago thats when the nightmare started, I was changed back and forth from .75 to .1 dand then when my baby was born I started to take .125 ..then 2 months ago  I started to feel the stmptoms of heart palpitations. I started to feel anxiety and sometimes panic attacks, very tired that I had to sit down most of the day so I was sent to the ER by this doctor who did not know anything of my past medical history.  he did an ekg on me and told me I was probably having a heart attack...so at the er they did all this special tests to see if it was my heart and they said it was ok...so I went to my endocrinologist the next day and did the blood work and he said I was feeling like this because my pill dosage was a little high so he changed it back to  .100, I felt better for a month or so and again last friday I started to feel the same symptoms.  So today I had blood work again and a thyroid ultrasound to make sure cancer has not returned... I feel so depressed thinking I may never get my normal life back...This thyroid thing brought me so many complications specially infertility issues and miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies, so I can say what other people say that after the surgery I did not have problems with symptoms but it did messed up other health issues in my life. so im waiting on results and really hope it was only the pill and needs to be changed to another dosage...otherwise they will send me to a cardiologist  =(
Please post your thyroid related test results and reference ranges so that members can assess the adequacy of your testing and treatment.  Also, have you been tested for Vitamin D, B12, ferritin, and a full iron test panel?  If so, please post those results and their reference ranges as well.  
no I dont think they have performed those tests on me, but as soon as I receive my results I will post them here so we can all compare...I will ask my doctor about  vitamin D, B12, ferritin and iron tests...thank you for advising this
When you go back for tests, I highly recommend that you insist on Free T3 and Free T4, in addition to the TSH they always want to test.  Note that these are not the same as Total T3 and T4.  Free T3 is the most important because it largely regulates metabolism and many other body functions.  Scientific studies have shown that Free T3 correlated best with hypo symptoms, while Free T4 and TSH did not correlate at all.
yes....I just checked on some of my previous results and they have checked the free t4 too...these were my results

T4,Free(Direct) 1.67 ng/dL        normal ranges-  0.82 − 1.77 01

TSH 0.084 Low uIU/mL              normal ranges- 0.450 − 4.500 01

Thyroxine (T4) 13.6 High ug/dL    normal ranges- 4.5 − 12.0 01

these were my levels when I was feeling lots of palpitations and was taken to the ER ..the doctors thinking it was a heart attack

as for the free t3 im sure they did that test yesterday too and as soon as I get resultsI will post them here...thank you so much for your recommendations...you 've made me dig through my previuos lab results to find out if they are checking what is needed to correct my dosage...I appreciate it a lot! =)

by the way they are also checking thyroglobulin to make sure there is no cancer tissue producing tsh hormones
After having a TT, and taking 125 mcg of T4 med, I am somewhat surprised that your T4 levels are as high in the range.  That is not such a huge dose as to account for your experiences.  Which makes me wonder even more about your Free T3 levels and also your ferritin/iron levels.  Low ferritin/low iron can affect in several ways, including adversely affecting the conversion of T4 to T3.  Also, from what I have read, ""Low ferritin can cause negative reaction like palpitations, nervousness, and anxiety in someone starting thyroid hormone replacement.  Someone described it like being shot out of a cannon.  It is therefore imperative that ferritin not be at the bottom of the range before starting thyroid hormone medication."
I think this can also apply if your ferritin/iron levels get too low while already taking thyroid meds.    

Following are some of the symptoms of low ferritin.

Minor aches
    Fatigue
    Weakness
    Heart palpitations
    Increased pulse
    Loss of energy
    Loss of libido
    Confusion
    Irritability
    Shortness of breath

So just be aware that it is recommended that ferritin should be about 70-80 for women.  All the above is why I recommended that you should be tested for Vitamin D, B12 , ferritin and a full iron test panel.  One other I want to add is magnesium.  

When your Free T3 result is available, please post with reference range.  When additional tests are available, please get a copy of the lab report and do the same for those.   If those don't reveal anything then you will need to do some further testing.   But let's wait and see what we find out from these tests.

thank you so much for all your information and advise, I will definitely ask my doctor to send me to have these tests done...I am anxiously waiting for my results today or monday and I cant wait to show them to you too.  =)
So I got the call from endocrinologist nurse saying they got the first results which were the T3 T4 and TSH and they were normal, the nurse told me to stay on  synthroid.1mg.  She said to keep taking it until they get the freeT3 and other results. Later my obgyn called (he has also been checking my tsh hormones and  I called him to tell him about my symptoms 2 days ago so  he called the lab and requested a copy of the results to be sent to him.   He said before he went home he checked and found that my free T3 level was slightly elevated and asked me to stop the medicine until monday, he will talk to my endocriologist.  I havent gotten the numbers of lab results on my email...but his call made me nervous, my pulse has not gotten to the 100's  unless I walk the whole day...but still Im scared about my heart , I've read about atrial fibrillation and I did make an appointment with the cardiologist this monday... Im wondering if not taking the medication will make any positive changes soon? Now im thinking what you have said in other posts, that doctors base their decisions on the t3 t4 and tsh results this is what this endocrinologist did she told me to keep taking the same dosage before getting the free t3 numbers...I will start to look for another one ASAP. i will still post my results and I would appreciate any info or advise you could give me on those...thank you so much for every single reply you make to all of us on this thread...God bless you
oh and i will insist on the Free T4, I dont think this doctor requested that test
these are so far the results I have, still waiting for the freeT3 , which I think is the one the doctor said was slightly high.

T4,Free(Direct) 1.38      ng/dL      ref. range 0.82 − 1.77

TSH 1.260      uIU/mL                 ref range-0.450 − 4.500

Thyroxine (T4) 11.5      ug/dL      ref. range 4.5 − 12.0

Triiodothyronine (T3) 90     ng/dL      ref. range 71 − 180
Free T3 result will be interesting.  I expect it is going to be in the lower half of the range.
Cant sleep im just very anxious thinking I had an overdose. And then the doctor asked me not to take any synthroid until monday, so 3 nights without it, was this the right thing to do? Is this the only choice in my case? I dont know anything about these numbers but when you say that u expect the freet3 to be in the lower half of the range is that something i should be concern of?  Do u know of a good or excellent endocrinologist in the houston area?  
Sorry for your sleepless night.  No need for that much concern.  No Synthroid for 3 days will just reduce your T4 level a bit and give you a respite and see what effect that has on the palps.  The Free T3 test result will tell a lot about what is going on.  If low in the range, that is often associated with having hypothyroid symptoms, which can include palps.  

I don't have a member recommended thyroid doctor for the Houston area.  I'll do some looking later today and see if I can find any good prospects.  
I Tried to make an appointment with dr. Medhavi Jogi at  the Houston Thyroid and Endocrine Specialists but since he is a very famous endocrinologist in the area the soonest appt available was on Aug. 28 and made an appointment with Dr. Juarez in the same clinic.  Their website is  www.houstonendocrine.com
I just cant thank you enough for ur quick responses,  i know there are a lot of other people asking u and we are bombarding you with so many questions and concerns inquiring your thoughts and opinions. You are such a great person with a great heart.  you are like an angel to all of us who are going through this type of situations.  God bless you always.  
Thanks vou for the kind words.  There are numerous members here that spend lots of their personal time searching for useful info, reviewing scientific studies related to thyroid issues, and giving other members support and any help that can be provided.  We were all helped in the past and are trying to "pay it forward".  

I have found some doctors that appear to be prospects (as opposed to being suspects), for good thyroid doctors.  Before sending you a PM with names, I would like to see the result from that Free T3 test, to better understand what is needed.  

Also, I think you need to be aware that being an Endo does not guarantee a good thyroid doctor.  Many of them specialize in diabetes, not thyroid.  Many also have the "Immaculate TSH Belief" by which they only want to use TSH to diagnose and medicate a thyroid patient. That is very wrong.   For those that do test beyond TSH, many use "Reference Range Endocrinology", by which they will tell you that a thyroid test that falls anywhere within the reference range is adequate.  That is very wrong also.  

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve hypo symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results, and especially not TSH results.

So, I'd like for you to be as confident as possible that whatever doctor you choose to spend your time and money on, turns out to be a good thyroid doctor.  
So I went to the cardiologist today, she requested my labwork from  last friday the ones my endo ordered.  So when she received them she told me all were normal and I asked if my freet3 too? And she said "yes your t3 was normal too" and I told her  that t3 and freet3 are not the same tests. So she said " oh, let me call your endo again and ask about it"  and to my surprise this endocrinologist did not order lab work on my freet3.   So the cardiologist is ordering them and a cbc as well to check my iron, ferritin, cholesterol, diabetes , blood count etc.  tomorrow morning.  We did an eco today and an ekg since my pulse was 120 when I arrived at the clinic and my BP was 148/? , but everything looked perfect. So I was sent home with a 24hr heart monitor . Im not sure what to do since my ob/gyn called me last friday to tell me my t4 was slightly high and to stop synthroid and today the endo is telling me the opposite to continue synthroid .100 because the 2 labworks from both doctors last friday showed normal numbers.  So I guess im going to keep waiting for the freet3 and cbc that hopefully will be done tomorrow. Tonight im going to try and take half of my synthroid.1 pill. Im tired of this situation already. :(.
Okay, will wait for Free T3 result.  Whenever a doctor tells you that a test is in the so-called "normal" range, just give the doc a copy of the link to the scientific study from which I quote as follows.

"High individuality causes laboratory reference ranges to be insensitive to changes in test results that are significant for the individual.

The width of the individual 95% confidence intervals were approximately half that of the group for all variables.

Our data indicate that each individual had a unique thyroid function. The individual reference ranges for test results were narrow, compared with group reference ranges used to develop laboratory reference ranges. Accordingly, a test result within laboratory reference limits is not necessarily normal for an individual."

Andersen S, Pedersen KM, Bruun NH, Laurberg P. Narrow individual variations in serum T(4) and T(3) in normal subjects: a clue to the understanding of subclinical thyroid disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;87(3):1068-72.

As I previously mentioned, a good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  You can get some good insight into clinical treatment from this letter written by a good thyroid doctor for patients that he sometimes consults with after initial tests and evaluation.  The letter is then sent to the participating doctor of the patient to help guide treatment.  In the letter, please note the statement, "the ultimate criterion for dose adjustment must always be the clinical response of the patient."

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf

The more you learn about hypothyroidism diagnosis and treatment, the better able to persuade your doctor to do what is necessary.  If the doctor remains obstinate, then you have to find a good thyroid doctor.

Im going to print many copies and pass them on to my endo and to people I know that have this same problem so they can pass them on to their docs too...thank you. Been searching for someone who checks freet3 and 4 and I found these . I think I will make an appt with both .  Would love if u would give me ur opinion on these specialists

http://www.hotzehwc.com/en-US/Treatment-Programs/Hypothyroidism.aspx

http://www.taylorwa.com/
Obviously I don't have any direct experience with either of those.  From what I can pick up from an internet search, I think both places fall into the category of clinics that have been set up to fill the huge need for good thyroid doctors, which is due to most doctors having the "Immaculate TSH Belief" and using "Reference Range Endocrinology".  The potential problem is one of potential cost.  

I expect that you can get the diagnosis and treatment needed from either place.  If they are like many others that I am aware of; however, , I think you may find that they do lots of testing, prescribe specialized hormone therapy that is expensive by nature, and also push supplements.  Some of these places also only recommend supplements that they sell.  Much of all this is not covered by any medical insurance.

So, if you are comfortable with all that, then I think either place might work for you.  If cost is also very important, then there may be other viable alternatives.  For example, on this Top Thyroid Doctors site, for Texas, there are a number of doctors listed for the Houston area.  There might be a good prospect among them.  The best way to find out is to read the patients' reviews, looking for evidence that symptoms are considered in treating patients.  Also look for indications that the doctor is willing to prescribe T3 type meds, such as Armour, NatureThroid, or Cytomel.  

http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/texas.htm

After you select some potential doctors, the next thing I wold do is call and say that you're looking for a good thyroid doctor.  Ask if the doctor is taking new patients.  Ask if he accepts your insurance.  Say that before considering an appointment, you would like to get answers to two questions.  First, is the doctor willing to treat a hypothyroid patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T3 and Free T4 as necessary to relieve symptoms, instead of using TSH levels?  Second, is the doctor willing to prescribe T3 type meds?   If someone will answer these two questions, and the answers are yes, then it is worth making an appointment.  If either answer is no, then keep on looking.

If you need help in your search for a good thyroid doctor, just let me know and I'll be glad to do whatever I can.
I will follow your advice, I guess im getting desperate when I read on almost all of the houston area thyroid doctors' websites about Tsh t3 and T4 and nothing about freet3 or 4. Im also willing to travel around the Texas area to find the right doctor I'll keep loking and will definitely call for more info. Thank you so much again. = )
Well, if you are willing to travel a bit, I have personal knowledge of an excellent Endo in the Austin area.  Any interest?
Of course!!!!!!  :)
Sent PM with doctor's info.  To access, just click on your name and that takes you to your personal info page.  Then click on messages.  
Finally got the results
Ferritin and iron levels were normal
T3 FREE (V)       2.        Pg/mL.          Ref range 3-5 pg/mL

So it's low right?

Also the cardiologist ordered a comprehensive metabolic panel I dont know anything about this but according to the ref ranges some of my numbers are high like NA , CO2 , CL, GLUCOSE .  The CREA came out low.  From the lipid panel the HDL was on the borderline of being high.   Also I wanted to mention that when I stopped the medication over the weekend I started feeling a lot better and after the last 2 nights when I took half of my pill I started having the high pulse symptoms again.
Your Free T3 result of 2 is even lower than I expected.  No wonder you would have hypo symptoms from that.  

So, the obvious question would be why do you seem to react to the T4 med?  That question makes me wonder about your ferritin/iron levels.  I know they were "normal', but would you please post the actual results and their ranges.
FERR.  29                 Ref. range  18-137ngl/mL
IRN.      127               Ref. range  37-170ug/dL

IBCT.    355.7            Ref. range 265.0-497.0
I think your ferritin level explains some of what is going on.  You have very low Free T3 level, yet when you start on T4 med to raise your Thyroid hormone levels high enough to relieve symptoms, you seem to have that reaction.  

Here is some info on the effect of ferritin.

"Low ferritin can cause negative reaction like palpitations, nervousness, and anxiety in someone starting thyroid hormone replacement.  Someone described it like being shot out of a cannon.  It is therefore imperative that ferritin not be at the bottom of the range before starting thyroid hormone medication."

Also, from another source.

"I  frequent another board where the role of iron in the metabolism of thyroid hormone is discussed. Along with selenium, iodine, L-tyrosine, zinc and other vitamins/minerals/amino acids, iron plays an important role in the conversion of the less inactive T4 form of thyroid hormone to the more bio-active T3 form.

I've seen iron discussed a bit on this board but not so much about ferritin . I thought you might be interested in what I found. Ferritin levels often begin dropping before serum iron levels become critically low or before full-blown anemia becomes apparent.

Many hypothyroid patients find that having good ferritin levels improves their use of thyroid hormone (their own body's or supplemented). The range of 70-90 is quoted as optimal for hypothyroid patients. Someone on another board asked me if I knew of any research she could show her doctor to support this. He wanted her to stop supplementing iron when she raised her ferritin from 17 to 44.

Here's some of the research I found that suggests a minimal ferritin
range of 50-70 and an optimal range for hypothyroid treatment of 70-90. I have read that in Dr. Gillespie's book, "You're Not Crazy, It's Your Hormones", she advises a ferritin level of around 100. I haven't read her book, so I can't confirm the research basis for her recommendation, but the experience of many hypothyroid patient certainly bear her out.

Improving ferritin levels can be beneficial for both reducing or eliminating hair loss & unexplained fatigue. Both of those are also frequently associated with hypothyroidism."

Here is some further info.

FERRITIN test: Measures your levels of storage iron, which can be chronically low in hypothyroid patients. If your Ferritin result is less than 50, your levels are too low and can be causing problems…as well as leading you into anemia as you fall lower, which will give you symptoms similar to hypo, such as depression, achiness, fatigue. If you are in the 50′s, you are scooting by. Optimally, females shoot for 70-90 at the minimum; men tend to be above 100.
__________________________________
"The recommended way of taking iron to build up levels as fast as possible is to build up slowly over a week or two to let your digestion get used to the added iron and take the iron twice a day. You are aiming to ramp up to 150mg to  200mg of elemental iron a day which is 8 of these capsules a day. You need to build up to this dose over a week or two letting your digestion settle at each dose level before increasing. We have found that if you take several grams of vitamin C with each dose of iron that it both helps absorption and helps counter the constipation that iron can cause. These iron capsules are available from health food shops, and pharmacies"

From another source.

The goal of treatment is to raise ferritin levels to a value  between 70 and 90 mg/dL and this is usually achieved with oral iron treatment.  Raising ferritin levels to this range may be needed for patients with  hypothyroidism to have an optimal response to thyroid hormone treatment.  Ferrous Sulphate (325 mg orally, available over the counter) is usually the  recommended treatment. Doctors usually recommend one pill a day for a ferritin  level between 50 and 60 mg/dL, two pills a day for a ferritin between 30 and 50 mg/dL and three pills a day for a ferritin less than 30 mg/dL.  Note:  Other good iron supplements are ferrous fumerate and ferrous gluconate.

_____________________

After you start supplementing, keep in mind that you should be off all iron for at least 12 hours before any test to see what your body is hanging onto.

WOW!! I can't believe all this time and other times I've felt like this its been related to ferritin...since my previous thyroid tests have resulted on a normal range.  I'm still waiting for the cardiologist to call me and explain my results...lets see how much she knows...last friday my obgyn called me twice. First he said all tests were normal (excluding the freet3) .  So I asked if my symptoms could be realated to iron deficiency or ferritin levels...as u adviced me...and he said yes and asked me to start taking some over the counter Iron supplement  and to go back to the clinic on monday to check these levels...then later that night he called and said he took a second look at the numbers and said one of the levels was slightly high...that's when he suggested to stop the synthroid over the weekend.  So I didn't take the iron supplement thinking it was just my thyroid pill..I have learned a lot from all your researches...and thanks to u I will know how to  choose the right doctor who could take care of my problem..I feel more confident about what to ask and ask and fight for when visiting a thyroid doctor....thank you for all your help..from the bottom of my heart many many thanks! I'm runnng to the pharmacy to look for some iron!

Ana =)
Just went through all my thyroid labs since january of 2012 and almost on all of them showed results of low tsh (under ref range) and high t4 (on the border) .. in two ocassions the FT4 was also high and even  had a note saying "a low tsh with an elevated FT4 would be consistent with hyperthyroidism in the appropiate clinical setting or similar values have also been associated with non-thyroidal illness in severely ill patients"...never had read these labs before because I never requested copies until I started getting informed with you and decided to make an account with the lab so I could see my lab records too.  I will not overlook my lab results again in my life.
Good for you...My endicrinologist lowered mine from 125mcg to 112 mcg. because I had a 30 lb weight loss(purposeful)..after 3 weeks, I felt like crap. I dissolved my 112 mcg in water...(1 oz. )and took a 112 tab and measured out water to equal 13 mcg.aqnd tookj that.  since doctor was not available for a few days.  I will call him Mon to see what my b/w showed..and let him take it from there.  If we are not our own advocates......
I had tt in December 2014. Dr. Had me on .175mg of synthroid. Went to doctor  in march was experiencing some heart palpitations told doctor she seem not to be concern. My test level a little high, I was feeling great absolutely great spirits were high energy level good except for palpitation.  Went back to doctor told her how palpitations were jumping out of my chest she reduced my synthroid down to .025mg now i am extremely sluggish and tired no energy. I have gain 30 pounds since may my diabetes is harder to manage. I feel HORRIBLE.

Msvee61
OMG.  Your doctor reduced your dosage from 175 down to 25?  

Please post your thyroid test results from before you started on the Synthroid and latest, including reference ranges shown on the lab report.  
Sorry took so long to get back to you. I gave a wrong dosage she reduced .125 down to .025. Here are my test results from sept 2014 before surgery (level 1.075)tolerance 0.465-4.680) and after surgery jun 2015 emgergency room visit heart palpitations  (level 26.364) I went to primary care doctor a few days later meds reduced to .025 took blood test 30 days later (level .032) took another blood test aug 31 still waiting on results. Had surgery because goiter the was closing airway
So when you went to the ER they tested your TSH and is was 26.  Is that correct?  Then your PCP reduced your med from 125 down to 25. Then your test result 30 days later was .032?  Please double check the test results against the time frame.  I don't understand how your TSH could go down like that from reducing your med dosage?
Yes that is correct.

Test results:
June 17 2015 @ 19:23 TSH 26.364 H
July 17 2015 @ 09:43 TSH 0.032 L

Also that night at er i was given a angiogram to check my heart because of palpitations. My numbers are correct reading straight from results. Is there anything else from results i can give you
Well, the results are puzzling, but it is clear that you are not taking enough thyroid med and have become hypothyroid, with those symptoms.  You should know that TSH is a pituitary hormone, not a thyroid hormone.  At best TSH is only an indicator, to be considered along with more important indicators such as symptoms and also levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones Free T4 and Free T3.  So, you should always make sure they test you for both Free T4 and Free T3 each time you go for tests.  If they resist, you should insist on both.  

A good thyroid doctor will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting Free T4 and Free T3 as needed to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not just test results.

So when you get results from your latest tests, please post them and we can see what the doctor has tested for and what results indicate.  Hopefully the doctor will also start increasing your meds again to get back to the levels needed to relieve hypo symptoms.  

Also for the future, you should be aware that hypo patients are frequently too low in the ranges for Vitamin D B12 and ferritin.  So those need to be tested and supplemented as needed to optimize.  All three are important for hypo patients.  D should be about 55-60, B12 in the upper end of its range, and ferritin should be about 70 minimum.
I do take 650mg of calcium twice a day. I have been set up to see thyroid doctor on 24th of month. I'm sure they have given me the same exact test. I will keep you posted
Make sure that they test for Free T4 and Free T3, not Total T4 and Total T3.  Also the Vitamin D, B12 and ferritin are very important to know.  
I had my whole thyroid removed because of large mass no cancer but it was huge going into my chest I am trying to recover just had the surgery last month march 8th. I am on  Levothyroxine 137mcg now just saw my endo and surgeon for post op,, I am always tired I know its still to soon but I truly hope Im myself again soon I was active Im 65 but I was always walking doing things I know to heal takes time but I just dont feel like me anymore any advice please Lilly

If you have had any thyroid related tests since the surgery, please post results and reference ranges shown on the lab report.