armour-how should I take it?
I just recently started taking armour.  Can anyone tell me if I should take it once a day or twice a day?  I keep reading online that you should half the pill and take it once in am and once in pm.  I read that t3 only stays in your system for 12 hours and that is why you should split it in half.  Also, should you take it with or without food?  I really want to get the full benefits and absorption.  My dr. and my pharmacist have never heard of splitting the pill so I wanted to ask you all hoping you would have some feedback.  Thank you!
I started Armour in Oct 07. I started as I did with Synthroid. I took one dosage in the morning and that is it. I suffered some stomach upset for a long time and both meds really took it toll.

I read and was told to do it this way and I would get the best benefit from it::

I take a total of 120mg throughout the day. I start at 5:30am with 1/2 grain then every two hour 1/2 grain 4x's daily. I do not swollow the tablet I now take it subqually (sp) which means taking the tablet and either putting it under the tongue or between the upper cheek and gums. This way the Armour does not have to enter my stomach and goes directly into the bloodstream. It has been sooooo much better for me.

I do not eat with my 5:30-7:30 dosages - but I eat a light bkfast in between the 7:30-9:30 times.

Then lunch after 11:30
You are supposed to take Armour sublingually (under the tongue) and split the dose.
A really helpful website which clarifies all this is www.tpa-uk.org.uk