hemmorhagic cyst
bleeding cyst casusing sudden swelling on one side of neck as far over as trachea.    difficulty swallowing.  so scared.  why would someone suddenly start to bleedL  is this a cancer?  anyone else had anything like this?
After your ER visit, did you contact a doctor familiar with you?

The doctor who has been treating your Hashimoto's should be made aware of what is going on.

I know that doesn't answer any of your questions, but I am concerned that you may be sitting at home waiting for it to resolve itself.

As for cancer risk because of a ruptured cyst, it depends on what type of cyst it is. I've never heard of a cyst or nodule rupturing, although I'm sure it happens. I don't recall reading about anyone here experiencing that, so you may or may not get a reply from someone with first hand experience.

Talk to your thyroid doctor (Endo?) as soon as possible.    
Thank  you for responding to me.  This stuff is pretty scary.  I did contact my otolaryngologist.  One of the best in NYC>  He took out my paratid gland a few years ago because of a cyst.  I called him and he basically dx'd it over the phone after talking to the er doc.  he wants the swelling to go down before seeing me.  two weeks.  then i go in for all the tests, possible biopsy if nodule is there after swelling goes down.  i haven't taken synthroid for about 15 years now.  all the blood tests came back saying that the hashimotos had resolved.  No sign of it.  no symptoms either.  so confused.
The intranodular bleeding can stop within few days however, the swelling can be there up to 4 weeks. If cyst is fresh, aspiration followed by PEI can be attempted, but once blood dries, the surgery may be needed.