Thyroid Disorders Community
multinodular goiter and diabetes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

multinodular goiter and diabetes

What is the relationship between multinodular goiter and diabetes?  Also, can multinodular goiter cause anxiety and palpitations?  Could it cause single-sided deafness (is there even a slight possibility)?
Sorry I can't answer about the diabetes only to say that there is a link between a poorly functioning thyroid and sugar metabolism. That's all i know!

Anxiety and palps can happen also if the thyroid is not functioning properly or they could just be separate. Have you had anxiety issues before?

The ear issue is interesting and one I know well. I had a multi nodular goiter too. Before I had my thyroid removed i had chronic ear infections. One would clear up only to have another return! UGH @ ear pain! Anyway what I found was that because my thyroid was so large my ears were not able to drain properly. Whether or not this is the case with you- not sure- is it possible- yes!

Have you had your thyroid labs run lately? When was the last ultrasound of your thyroid? How large are the nodules? Have you had an FNA?
what an interesting question, because I have diabetes and a large goiter for 14 years now. I never know if there was even a connection.
Now about the ear, all I can add is that I've noticed the past 6 months my hearing is worse and my left ear is very itching, which is also the side that this goiter is on, and the goiter has been growing more recently.
So interesting....