Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid, flabby belly and puffy face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid, flabby belly and puffy face

what do people do for flabby belly and puffy face, even though being treated for thyroid(hashimoto's) ,also lack of energy?

This discussion is related to Can you spot a person with thyroid disease?.
What meds are you on and how long have you been on them?  Do you know what your thyroid levels are?  

The puffiness pretty much went out of my face once my thyroid levels started leveling off.  The flabby belly is another story - I'm afraid that's going to take lots "correct eating" and maybe a few 1000 crunches over a period of time!! lol  

Lack of energy should start getting better too once your levels start getting in range.  
Barb is right 100%.

Even the Nuclear Doc asked if I was pregnant when I had RAI and I was 48 !
I smiled at her and replied...No Honey, its all thyroid belly ! lol
Mine is starting to go down now as my levels stabalise but I also went through menopause whilst going through Hyperthyroidism and Graves Disease and being nearly 50, I have an excuse for a belly lol.
Good luck :)
yep ... another one sumpathetic to the belly buldge chiming in here.

The puffiness will eave once thing get swinging right hormonally again.

The belly has to be worked on though.