Thyroid Disorders Community
thyroid level of 0!?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

thyroid level of 0!?

I had my blood drawn because  was feeling overly tired and my joints started to pain and i started to forget things...my levels usually get out of wack when i feel like this! I have been hypo now for about four years...but iwas wondering is a level of 0 good or bad.i cannot remember!!
I don't know which test you had a result of 0 on.  What tests did you have done, what were the results and ranges?  Please post them and I'm sure someone can answer your question.  
my tsh was 0....i dont know the rest
That's bad...it means your pituitary gland isn't producing any Thyroid Stimulating Hormone, as it should be producing ~0.3 - 3.0. You're theoretically suffering from hyperthyoidism--your thyroid is producing massive quantities of hormones that your pituitary is picking up on from the bloodstream, giving it no reason to tell your thyroid to produce more hormones by releasing TSH. Either that, or your pituitary gland is having problems with regulating the production and secretion of TSH; however, this is less likely.

Definitely get to an endocrinologist ASAP so you can be treated and start to feel better!
Blood test for TSI antibodies is required to differentiate between postpartum thyroid inflammation [beginning stage] and Grave's Disease [reason for hyperthyroidism during and after pregnancy]
well am i on too much thyroid meds then..im on synthroid!! So why is my tsh still 0??
ANYBODY??
You probably have thyroid flare hypo-to-hyper [coomonly taking place postpartum]; syntroid makes this worse; your doctor should adjust the dose.
try to use plain [non-iodized] salt for now
my thyroid no longer works...its dead..i had radioactive iodine done on it!! Soo it can still be hyper to hypo?? I have been hypo for four years now sence they killeed iit!
Even "dead" thyroid can have some living tissue [because RAI dose for hyperthyroidism is not as high like for the cancer, for example and its absorbtion is not very uniform] , or it is possible that you have pituitary disorder, so it is not producing TSH [non –thyroid related]