Aching legs with soft muscles.. whats the cause?
As far back as I can remember I've always periodically had aching legs.  Doctors diagnosed it as growing pains when I was young.  A really hot bath, some myoflex and a heating pad and NOT walking around would usually help the problem and most mornings I would wake up pain free.  Now in my adulthood (25) I still have these aches.  My husband has observed that when they ache, the muscles feel like jelly.. they are no longer firm, but instead soft and have no form.  There's so swelling associated with it.  It doesn't matter my level of activity from that day, I could have been hiking all day and have no pain, but an off day just doing a little walking around cleaning house can leave me in the bed that night clutching my legs in pain.  It's NOT RLS- I'd rather die than to move my legs an inch when they're aching.  I have been diagnosed with IBS, celiacs disease, POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) and have general anxiety.  Allergic to milk protein and am lactose intolerant.  I'm in a healthy weight range also and try to eat pretty healthy most of the time.  Only medication I take is birth control.
Have you considered a doppler ultrasound of your legs? This detects poor blood circulation which can cause pain in the legs.

Good luck.