Chronic eye pressure
I have had chronic pressure around my eyes for as long as I can remember (I'm 33 now). The pressure makes me feel tired all the time, like I want to close my eyes, however even closing my eyes does not help. I've seen many specialists within the past couple of years including an opthamologist, a neurologist, an ENT, a sleep specialist, a chiropractor, an accupuncturist and now a physical therapist. I've had an MRI of my brain with no abnormalities and even had surgery to correct a deviated septum. The only relief I've been able to get is from pinching the back of my neck near the hairline (I discovered this after visiting the chiropractor). Some days are worse than others but the pressure never completely goes away. I'm at a loss as to why it's happening and where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Since pressing the back of neck helps—get a MRI of the cervical spine if it was not included in the brain scan. Other than that TMJ should be ruled out. It can also be due to sinusitis of frontal sinus. Myopia and other refractive errors of eye can also be the cause, and so also severe anemia. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.