Headache in right side of head that won't go away?
I'm having a headache in the right side of my head that just doesn't seem to ever go away. I've tried Advil and Anacin, and though I get some relief, it doesn't completely alleviate it. It's not intense or throbbing like a migraine, rather it has the "tight" feeling of a tension headache. Occasionally, however, I will get really intense, sharp pains that go away after a few seconds.

What could this possibly be? Should I ask for a referral to a neurologist (my GP can't figure it out).

Thanks for the post! How are you now?
A right side headache could be migraine. Migraine always does not produce throbbing headache. A caries or infected tooth too can produce right side headache. Similarly blocked ear, wax in ear or an infection of ear too can be the culprit. Spondylitis of cervical vertebra causing pressure on nerves too can cause one side headaches. It could be due to tumors in brain too.

I think you may discuss these possibilities with your doctor. Then seek referral accordingly. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!