Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I can't have all of these diseases?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I can't have all of these diseases?

Hi!

I've been bouncing from doctor to doctor for the past two years with worsening symptoms and no real answers.  I've been diagnosed with Costochondritis, Hiatal Hernia, acid reflux, Fibromyalgia and hyperthyroid.  I'm 30 years old, female, half pack a day smoker (but cutting down to quit), and I don't drink.  None of these problems really seems like the right answer to my pain, though.

It feels like there is barbed wire around my upper torso.  I swear I can touch where it hurts and feel pain inside and on the surface of my skin.  There are usually squishy little bumps that I can manipulate and feel on my ribs.  Sometimes pain is increased by breathing, sometimes not.  I've found myself waking up to breathe more than once, no history of asthma.  Sometimes it's like I can't remember to take a breath in, and my brain has forgotten how to regulate my breaths so that I have to force myself to breath in and out.  It's worse at night, or from prolonged sitting.  

My throat has been sore for two years, off and on.  I once described it as feel like a sea urchin is stuck in my throat, and I taste copper/blood all the time.  I stuck a toothbrush back there once and came back with a clot of blood.  I can hear the blood rush in my ears when I sit sometimes, and my throat is swollen a little on my right side.  It hurts on the outside to touch it, and the pain radiating on the inside when I push is in the same spot.  My neck in the back constantly cracks and is sore, but the muscles never hurt anywhere in my body.

Headaches happen every so often as well, but sometimes my head swells on the outside and the only thing that will relieve the pain is ice.  Sometimes they are on one hemisphere or the other, and sometimes like an icepick behind a single eye.

I experience no heartburn or indigestion that I know of.  I rarely vomit, only when ill with a migraine, which I've suffered from my whole life.  I get dizzy, I don't get headaches from them.

I get pins and needles in my arms and legs all the time.  I can cross my legs for less than 5 seconds and get it.  My feet and hands are always freezing, and I have red splotches that don't go away on my hands.  If I raise my hands above my head in sleep they're asleep in seconds too.  When I get cold outside, they go grey.  

Lately I've been pretty dizzy and nauseous off and on at random times.  I eat normally - meaning my hunger levels are normal but admit I could eat better, I weigh a normal weight, (well, a little heavy - 5'4" and 160 lbs).  I'm not very actice and I have a desk job.  My one aunt was diagnosed with Graves, the other Fibromyalgia.  My father has a history of heart attacks, high blood pressure, hypertension and diabetes.  

I'm thinking it might really be arthereosclerosis.  Any answers would be appreciated.  I'm on no meds beyond Advil and Aviane for birth control.  I've had chest xrays, spirometry, and a GI scan.  All normal except for the hernia.
1 Comment
Also, I've had diarrhea for the past two years, lose stools that are somtimes yellow, sometimes brown.