Long term irregular periods
I have always had irregular periods since it began in March 2001, skipping a month or two. In the recent years, the irregularities became more drawn out, sometimes skipping 2 months. it slowly became more and more common for my period to arrive once every 3 months. I had a monthly birth control injection in July and August 2008, but never took anymore after these two. I went to Canada in Sept 08 for studies and I'm still in Canada at present. From then till now, my period has remained to come at once every 3 months. I went to see a doctor last summer and she took a blood test to check my hormone level but everything was fine. However, my last period to date was from December 2009, which means this is the 4th month my period has not been here. Does anyone have an idea of what I should ask the doctor to check for when I next see her? I'm afraid she might brush it off as something unexplained but normal. Thanks.
A couple of questions. Are you seriously underweight? Are you extremely active in sports, or exercise excessively? Either of these can result in missing periods. If neither applies to you I would be concerned, although I am not sure why. Sometimes irregularities disappear after the birth of a baby. This was true for one of my daughters.