UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Muscle Pain and Body Aches
by MrsRG, Jan 09, 2012
What's wrong with me? Over the last two years I'm so tired I can't get out of bed in the mornings and all day and all night I have severe exhaustion no matter how much I sleep. I also feel depressed all the time and I have horrible muscle pain and body aches. I can be perfectly fine one day and the next day I wake up and my whole body aches for weeks. It's so bad I feel like I've been run over by an 18 wheeler truck. It's so bad that I can barely move and I'm miserable. Then it will suddenly go away just as quickly and mysteriously as it came on. I also can't do anything physical now without getting severe muscle pain. Just a walk around the supermarket, doing house hold chores, anything at all and I'm suddenly so sore and stiff I can barely move and this lasts for weeks. I feel like I've been punched hard all over my body and I'm miserable. I never used to have any problems like this before. What's going on?

Note: I do have lots of health issues that I've had for decades but never had any of the muscle pain or body aches until just two years ago and it's getting worse. I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis which is an autoimmune disease of the thyroid that causes hypothyroidism. I have type 2 diabetes. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I am on medications for my Hashimoto's, diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol. My numbers are all good and everything is within a healthy range and the doctor seems satisfied with my numbers and blood tests. Could any of these health issues be causing my very severe body aches and muscle pains, depression and exhaustion or is something else going on?
Member Comments (51)
by waterfalls7, Jan 09, 2012
there are cases of fibro mialge a sress disorder can come on from stress as a child and somthing stressful hurts, theres also cases of ms were people go day to day in pain. theres also cases of sists that come on wich could be if ur a women
by rnangel, Jan 09, 2012
Do you become short of breath with minimal exertion? Have you had your iron levels checked?
by inconfusionalways, Jan 09, 2012
Sorry to here about how you feel, but did you know one autoimmune disease can turn into another, sounds like lupus, maybe? It's hard to diagnose because hoshimotos thyroiditis has alot of the same symptoms, but lupus gives you body pain and it's symptoms flare from time to time. and it really fatigues you. fybromialgia is a pain in your neck and shoulders and it feels like stress with an annoying headache and it runs to your chest sometimes, and it also has flare ups at times. I would read up on lupus and multiple sclerosis but they all have same symptoms and thier is always a difference somewhere
by Lusman, Jan 09, 2012
chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia could account for your muscle pain and body aches. However, do you find, hard to concentration; sore throat; tender lymph nodes ,headaches, unrefreshing sleep?
by MrsRG, Jan 10, 2012
I don't have a sore throat or tender lymph nodes, but I do have massive headaches and very unrefreshed sleep.
by MrsRG, Jan 10, 2012
My muscle pain and body aches are in every part of my body, not just my neck, shoulders and chest. The worst pain seems to be concentrated on my lower back near my tail bone and in my knees and thighs and in my upper arms and in both the tops and bottoms of my feet. The aches are so severe it keeps me awake at night.
by MrsRG, Jan 10, 2012
Yes, I get winded with the smalled of physical effort. Yes, I had my iron checked and it was fine. I had a full physical a month ago and everything was fine except my triglycerides which were 600 and it should be under 150. So I go back to the doctor on the 18th of January to recheck my triglycerides and if after eating super healthy and exercising for a month hasn't lowered them, my doctor will put me on medication to lower my triglycerides. But that doesn't explain why I have such horrible muscles pain and body aches and extreme exhaustion and chronic fatigue and depression.
by inconfusionalways, Jan 20, 2012
The depression might be because you are in pain and you don't know what to do any more. exuastion and fatigue are the symptoms of the thyroid disfunction, but their are a number of disorders out their that could make it worse. I had your symptoms extreme fatigue, pain in my neck, shoulders, my feet, my hips, legs, all my skeleton, I have to roll out of bed sometimes and when I sit down I have to wait a few minutes for the pain to go away from my feet, hips and legs, I was so bad I couldn't roll or lift my head when I was laying down. I head to use my hands to position my head. I went to see a rheumatologist and I just found out I have Osteoarthritis which explains my excruciating pain when it flares up. Osteoarthritis fatigues you also the pain is horrible from top to bottom you feel stressed as well as depressed because you feel it will never end. But their is hope, I take diclofanac for the pain, but now I have to go back to the specialist to see how far it's advanced. Take care feel better soon
by Laurief59, Jan 22, 2012
I do know what you are feeling Mrs RG.  I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome-cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes follows.  It is said that people with a seditary life style are pron to this.  I lived a very healthy, and active lifestyle until these things took over my life.  I then was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in both knees.  I kept telling my doctor I was feeling inflammation.  she kept saying no your not, no your not.  7 yrs later was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis. Over the last 2 yrs was also diagnosed with rhuematoid arthritis.  I keep telling my doc the same thing.  I cant sleep at night as legs cramp up.  Movement is very , very painful.  I have gained a great deal of weight to lack of mobility, which obviously isn't helping my osteo.  I was on oxy contin and it didn't help.  Now I take nothing for pain, and can do nothing.  If you find out what it is plz, let me know too. I will do the same.  I checked out the auto immune diseases and they are very similar.  a different symtom here or there.   I showed every symptom of MS, but they diagnosed me with rheumatiod-symtoms pretty similar.  I am on celebrax, but it doesn't help.  I also came up with a new symtom the last 2 yrs.  My body cramps up and is very painful with slight cool air and breezes-eg , fan, cool air, wind,air conditioning.  I cannot tolerate them anymore.  and to top it off from the chest up I am pouring in sweat due to menpause.  I have found nothing that helps me yet.