Pain in / near left ear + heavy / numb left face
Two days ago, I began feeling pain in my left ear. I thought at this time that it would go away soon.

One day ago, it didn't go away, and my eyes felt weird. Later that day, I noticed that (almost) an entire side of my face felt "weird." By dinnertime, eating food was ever so slightly more difficult than it normally is.

I went to sleep, hoping that it'd all go away (though the pain made sleeping more difficult than normal). I woke up, thinking that it was morning, but it's actually the middle of the night where I am. The pain in my left ear (which has since spread a little downwards towards my neck) and weirdness on the left side of my face remains.

I looked into a mirror. There is a noticeable difference between my left and right eye (there seems to be a little extra skin sagging down on my left eye).

At this point I'm pretty concerned, and I do some searching online. I hear the term "bell's palsy" come up a lot, but I don't think my condition is quite so severe (I certainly hope not).

I'm going skiing today, and I hope that there will be no further complications, though at this point I'm somewhat worried.
It sounds like bells palsy to me.  It comes in all degrees - some hardly noticeable,  some severe.

One of the problems is if it does worsen  you may not be able to blink your eye and will have to wear a patch to keep your eye closed and moist.