Pain in legs when standing
I am a 26 year old female and I am very healthy.  I have had some very strange symptoms that I cannot figure out and neither can any doctor.  My first symptom is a burning, aching pain that starts behind my knees and spreads into my hamstrings and calves.  This all occurs upon standing, and increasing with standing in place.  When I walking, march or shift my weight, the pain decreases, but does not go away completely.  When I am sitting or laying down, my legs ache slightly, but do not have the intense pain like when standing.  The weird part of this is the pain will only last 7-10 days and then will go away completely.  In all, this has occurred 3 times in the past 18 months.  The most recent episode started 2 hours after I took the first dose of Bactrim for a UTI.  During the episodes, I tend to get aching in my arms as well, mainly in my biceps and forearms.  The arm aching does not change when I change position.  I have had an MRI of my brain, which was negative, and many blood tests, all of which show nothing.  Any help will be much appreciated as I am concerned with the symptoms.

There’re 2 possibilities which I can think of in your case. The first one is Varicose veins of the legs. Varicose veins are swollen, twisted, painful veins that have filled with an abnormal collection of blood. The diagnosis is made by duplex ultrasound exam of extremity.
The other possibility is Vitamin B12 deficiency which can give rise to unexplained pains in the legs. I’ll suggest you to consult a physician and get these 2 possibilities ruled out before thinking of anything else.

I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Kind Regards.