UNDIAGNOSED SYMPTOMS
COMMUNITY
Recurring fever in adults
by dandee_9, Mar 02, 2011
About every two weeks I have a recurring fever that reaches up to 103 degrees.  It begins with severe body aches, then with "teeth-chattering" chills, then the fever.  The fever ususally breaks during the night and the next day I feel wiped out but otherwise ok.  Sometimes I get a slight itchy rash on my neck after the episode; sometimes I end up with a headache.  This has been going on for a couple of months with some regularity.  Otherwise I feel healthy.  No diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea--but a general loss of appetite.  I'm a 59 year old woman.
Related Discussions
Member Comments (1)
351246_tn?1379685732
by Dr. Kokil MathurBlank, Mar 02, 2011
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
All the symptoms can be due to menopause. Recurrent fever is also seen in tuberculosis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders, UTI, drug fever, sinusitis, glandular fever, otitis media, IBS, HIV, STDs, endocarditis, parasitic infestations, fungal infections, lymphomas and other cancers etc. It can even be diabetes and hyperthyroidism. In women, even polycystic ovary and PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) should be investigated for.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral.
Take care!