Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Stabbing pain in both my chest and stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Has any one been having stabbing pain in their chest and in their upper stomach? I have been suffering this for 8 months now. Every day and all day long I am in so much pain. I can not take care of myself any more and have had to move back in with my parents for their help. I am exhausted all the time too but the pain keeps me awake a lot too. I am on 13.5 different pills for pain and other but the pain pills just barely takes the edge off the pain. Some times when the sharp pains hit me they send me to the floor crying my eyes out and my parents asking me if I want to go to the emergency room.  Not what I would call fun. Meanwhile, my skin is becoming hyper sensitive. My mother rubs my back for comfort but after a little bit of that it starts to feel like my skin has been badly burned and I have blisters every where. Just hurts to be touched now. I have had a bunch of tests done but all that has come back is that I have a very high anti body count and they don't know why. My kidneys are good though. Chest xray was fine and ct scan showed nothing. I have to see a neuro-surgeon in two weeks but I don't know what to expect there. Probably another skin biopsy. OY. Any one know what I am talking about and can help me at all? I feel very alone in this.
  • severe pain (1 replies):
    severe pain about half inch bellow left rib
  • pain in left side (3 replies):
    I keep getting a sharp stabbing pain in my left side und...[more]
  • left sided pain (1 replies):
    Two days ago I felt a pain on my left side and back, jus...[more]
  • Pain (2 replies):
    What causes severe pain under left rib acge
  • LUQ pain (1 replies):
    For 5 years I had chronic LUQ pain which radiated to my ...[more]
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There is a possibility that you have duodenal ulcer, acidity and reflux. Maybe there is H pylori infection too. Take Omeprazole empty stomach in morning and an antacid gel at bedtime. Refrain from smoking, alcohol, fuzzy drinks and spicy food. Walking around also helps clear gas. I would strongly recommend you to see a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) if these tips help you. Other than that it could also be costochondritis, pleuritis (inflammation of covering of lung) or pericarditis (inflammation of covering of heart). Since you do not mention any other symptoms, it is less likely to be any of these. Pancreatitis is another possibility that should be considered seriously. Hope this helps. Take care!