Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Sudden coldness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Sudden coldness

My friend felt suddenly cold and asked me to feel his forehead. It was indeed quite a bit cooler than my own. Is sudden coldness indicative in itself diagnosable? Can't find any info that isn't about having a cold.

What might cause someone to experience sudden coldness and grab a blanket when the temperature is in the '60s?
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
The commonest cause of feeling cold is low external temperature. However you say it was warm enough. There can be several other causes like hypothyroidism, liver diseases, adrenal insufficiency, liver failure and as a side effect of some drugs. Chills are also felt when a fever is about to start in case of malaria and bacterial infections due to release of toxins. One can also feel chilled if you are about to break into viral fever.
Take your friend to a doctor and get him examined.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!