Swollen Leg and back pain
Several months ago I noticed my left calf and ankle were swollen. In the weeks following it went from just being swollen at night to through out the day.
I've had a DVT test, gamma test, ultrasound on my stomach to check lymph nodes, and several other tests and not a thing showed up.

My heart is good, BP perfect, bloodwork perfect, etc.
I have had 7 back fusions, 2 cervical, 5 lumbar, ACL removal 7 yrs.ago; which I thought could have been the problem.
I do have hypothyroidism, MS, I get angio-edema and break out in hives periodically believed to be caused by my auto-immune diseases and I have disc degeneration.
Someone told me it could be coming from my back as I still have chronic back pain, or be caused by my MS; although I have researched everything on MS and leg swelling and cannot find a thing.

The Vascular Dr. said I should walk more and reduce my Sodium. My sodium levels are below normal and I don't use a lot of salt anyway or MSG's and walking for any length of time causes my back and hip to hurt.
After all these tests and not a thing showing up, I really would like some insight on what could be causing this.
It's very annoying and is painful sometimes.
You might try posting this in the Multiple Sclerosis forum on here and see if you can get some ideas?
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.