Why is the ringing in my left ear getting worse
Just notice all of these comments are from 2006!  Still they were helpful.  Nice to know others out there have same problem.  So far had MRI, and to ear test eng and and something long word.  No one has told me there was anything to take or a cure.  Losing my hearing in that ear also.  Doctor thinks it might be Menieres Disease... It is almost 4am I sat bolt up right at 2 when my ear tok on a new sound and itwas LOUD! I will let you know what happens when results come back.  
Think I will go to chricrprator tomorro!
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
There are many causes of tinnitus, but usually they do not cause hearing loss in the affected ear. The commonest cause of hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo is Meniere’s disease and hence this is being suspected in your case. Impaction of wax, perilymph fistula, autoimmune hearing loss, and acoustic neuromas are the other causes of hearing loss in one ear, tinnitus and unsteadiness. Please discuss this with the ENT and go for the requisite tests.
Take care!
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.