Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
banged head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

banged head

I banged my head on a door facing today between 12:00 and 2:00 p.m.  It's a little sore, but there is no swelling.  I have had a dull like headache.  Is it alright for me to go to sleep right now?
1 Comment
That is a good question. I am sure you have heard advice about not going to sleep after a head injury.

The answer is "probably" it will be O.K., other things being equal. If you have any signs of nausea, you might want to go to an ER. As an alternative, set the alarm so you will wake up in four hours and at that time note if you have any nausea. If not go back to sleep.

You probably have a very mild concussion, and these usually resolve on their own.

A general rule is to go to an ER whenever there is a loss of consciousness after a blow to the head. Only you can answer that question.