Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
burning,swelling and pain in right thigh after a heart cath.

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

i had my 16th or 17 heart cath. 2 weeks ago. my right groin area is fine but i have pain, swelling and a bad burning on my right thigh area. i had a ultrasound done of groin area and thigh area. no clot but they said i had an acumlation of bloof in right thigh area ( ER TOLD ME THIS ) no brusing or discoloration, I can't even stand for any material to touch my thigh. it feels like i burned myself bad and it's raw. the ER dr. didn't tell me what to do for all this, he just said call your cardo. dr. and tell him no clot. the ultasound only took about 4 or 5 minutes if that long. what is happening to my leg. I have 13 stents in 4 years. never had a complation after a cath. befor now. the ER dr. has me to thinking it is in my head. there is no discoloration in thigh area and the groin area is fine.

This discussion is related to right thigh burnning lying down.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If there is no blood clot then it is a good thing. Other than that a nerve injury, infection, and dryness on the area can cause the burning sensation. This looks like an inflammation of the blood vessel or a nerve injury. Please consult the cardiologist. Take care!