Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
extreme gas under armpits (mostly left)

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

extreme gas under armpits (mostly left)

Over the past three months or so I have started having extreme gas attacks centered under my breasts and under my armpits (mostly on the left side).  I rub the area and get a long string of burplike gas.  There is no aftertaste, but it can last for days or weeks, sometimes with no warning or rubbing, etc.  It went away for a couple of weeks and came back again (severely) today.  I go through bouts of panic, nausea, chills, etc. but I think that might be panic symptons caused by worrying about the strange gas.  I'm mentally sure that it is not my heart but emotionally it is a different story - possibly because it is mostly centered on the left side.  I have had an ultrasound on my colon and blood tests and they were normal.  I'm starting to feel like a hypochondriac but there has to be something out of wack for this to occur.   I am female, causasian, mid-50s, perhaps 5 or 6 pounds over my ideal weight, and would have termed myself in really good health until this strangeness started.  Is this a familiar scenario to anyone else?
Tags: Colon