overwhelming fatigue
I am a 22 year old female suffering from chronic fatigue. All I want to do is sleep! I feel run down and tired all the time. I have no desire to do anything because I am so tired. I have been on iron supplements for the last week per a doctor and have felt a little better. This morning however the same symptoms returned. I go to bed at a decent hour 10-11pm and I try as hard as I can to wake no later than 9am. In the past few months that has become very difficult I am sleeping through my alarm and can't seem to get out of bed before 11. The thought just makes me even more tired!..I have an increasing appetite as well but my recent bloodwork has come back normal. My doctor has even called me lazy and I dont want to go back a third time for the same symptoms!....If anyone has any insights please help!!
Well chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia can be the possible diagnosis. Having said this I would still like to rule out other causes. Anemia, GERD, low blood sugar and an underactive thyroid all behave this way. These need to be ruled out first. Poor sleep patterns and sleep disorders are the other possibilities.
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Seek another opinion if need be. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!