pain
i woke up with a sharp pain on my upper left side and it hurts when i breath in or touch my side
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Chest pain aggravated by laughing yawning and deep breathing goes more in favor of costochondritis, which causes pain and tenderness at points where your ribs attach to your breastbone.  The inflammation around the joint area gives sharp pain on taking a breath. This can also cause tenderness on pressing the area which pains. An orthopedic doctor can diagnose this for you. Generally there is no cause. However it can be due to infection, blow, injury, or fibromyalgia. It usually goes away on its own. Otherwise it can be treated with muscle relaxants, and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs. It can also be muscle pull. Shingles can also start this way.
It can also be eczema, dermatitis or skin infection.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!