swollen tounge some enlarged taste buds lots of pain
For several years i have had an ocasionalenlarged &painfultastebud from time to time .Usually on the left or tip of my tongue .But this time it seem like the left & right sides are very raw &most of the taste buds onthe back of my tongue are enflamed &very sore what could this be &is it serious
It sounds like you have an allergy to something. For me, the culperit is monosodium glutamate (MSG). I've looked online and most MSG allergy websites don't mention taste buds popping out or issues with the tongue other than swelling, but for me it comes quickly, and comes in the form of taste buds that pop out and hurt for weeks, bloody splits that develop in the top of my tongue, and occasionally small canker sores on the tongue as well. This allergy came on very suddenly... one weekend it flared up and I put two and two together. Now any time I even have a slight amount of MSG my tongue will go into relapse. I'd say you could very well have an MSG allergy so maybe try and track what you are putting in your mouth when you get these flare-ups. If it is an MSG allergy, it's a blessing in disguise as MSG is a nasty substance that we shouldn't be putting in our bodies anyway. Good luck!