unspecified fever
I became ill in December.  I was very sick for three weeks.  No one every found out why.  
Then I started having fever every 10 days or so.  It would get up to 102.5 and then start
dropping.  In February, I had been on antibiotics three times from December through February.  
Finally my doctor said he had no idea what was wrong with me.  I gave up and started living with
the fever coming every week or so making my life miserable.  When it was time for me to see my
oncologist he was appalled that I had not pursued this futher. They say I have pneumonia in my right
lung, and a kidney infection ( had kidney cancer last year and kidney removed).  They tell me
I have hypothyroidism, some mass on my spleen and an enchondroma on my humerus.  They are
now saying they are concerned about my liver.  I'm confused why nothing shows up in February, and
all this shows up now.  They mentioned some other things but I don't remember it all.  I was overwhelmed
because it seems it's one organ after another showing something. They gave me antibiotics again because of the pneumonia but have now told me the antibiotic days are over.  From now on I will need to go to the hospital with the fever.  I am confused really.  I don't think everywhere in you body goes out of whack together unless we have a major
issue in one area.  Help Me, Debbie
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Well it is possible you have pneumonia and kidney infection which is causing fever to come again and again.
I would suggest you get the complete laboratory panel for PUO or pyrexia of unknown origin done. Recurrent or chronic fever is seen in tuberculosis, SLE, rheumatoid arthritis, Polyarteritis nodosa (PAN) and other auto immune disorders, UTI, drug fever, glandular fever, HIV, STDs, endocarditis, parasitic infestations, fungal infections, lymphomas and other cancers etc.
If you belong to the fairer sex, then even polycystic ovary, menopause, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) should be investigated for.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!