Varicose Veins Community
Vein bulging vein indentation

Varicose veins are swollen, twisted veins that you can see just under the surface of the skin. These veins usually occur in the legs, but they also can form in other parts of the body. Discuss topics including spider veins, symptoms, treatments and prevention methods.

Vein bulging vein indentation

A couple months ago i started to notice bulging veins on my leg and now i have a large amount of veins bulging on upper leg along with a vein like indentation that is very irritated and sensitive
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and sorry for the late reply. The most probable cause is varicose veins. It causes dilation of the veins in the leg due to increased pressure resulting in swelling and pain of ankle and feet. This is more common in overweight people, with prolonged standing and with smoking. The other causes for swelling are injury, ankle joint disorders, metabolic disorders and cardiovascular disorders. I would suggest you consult a primary care physician for proper evaluation. Regards.