Dream Believe Achieve Challenge 2009
Bring On The New Year! It's Going To Be A Fantastic 2009 for All of us thanks to the
Year Long Weight loss Challenge at MedHelp! Fun, Friendship, Learning and Support are hallmarks of our weight loss community so let's rally together to make the year ahead a memorable one!

Let me remind you that losing weight is no walk in the park; yes there will be difficult times but you are not going to be alone in this venture.  It's going to be a team effort where you will find courage and hope even when are ready to give up. This community will be here to uphold you and we’ll share laughter and tears along the way.  

Realizing your dreams is always a magical moment and a wonderful fulfillment when you reach first one goal and then another.  We want you to be a part of our community success, so join us and let's fight and win the battles together.

At MedHelp we realize the importance of team work and that's why we’ll be hosting a variety of events throughout the year .. and these are some of the things you can look forward to in the new year.

Articles
Motivational Mondays
Success Stories
Sunday Weigh-ins
Exercises
Trackers
Recipes
Q&A’s
Polls
Games
Live Chats
Tag
Badges
Special Events
Health Pages
And More!

We've prepared some Challenge Information located at http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Weight-Loss/Dream-Believe-Achieve-Challenge-Information/show/543?cid=129 that will hopefully answer most of the questions you have.  It will also provide you with some instructions regarding communication, live chats, trackers, weight loss & nutrition myths, etc.  If you have any additional questions, please start a post in the community and we'll be glad to provide you with further information.

We want to hear from you and keep you engaged .. whether you’re succeeding or
failing .. as this community can help you overcome the obstacles and lose weight in a
healthy and successful manner.  It is not done overnight; it takes time.  So .. shout out either way .. with success and with struggles .. and together we’ll do this together!

This year we will see who wins the battle and I can promise, there will be no half measures!

Sign up below .. and let us welcome you!
I would like to join this challenge! Please let me know what I need to do! I need to lose 150 pounds and would love to see it go!
Well, I sure am slow to catch on!!!  I only just now figured out that I needed to commit on here to the challenge.

You bet your sweet rolls, I'm in!!!  I lost 70lbs a couple of years ago and then gained 33lbs back.  I now need to lose about 15lbs to be back to where I was.  I've finally learned that I know how to lose weight and I love to work out - but I'm definitely challenged when it comes to keeping the weight off.  
I would like some help too! I have been gaining & losing the same weight for over a year now. I stress eat. I can't keep yoyo-ing. I need some support!

I would like to feel healthy again and fit into my pants...........
Welcome on board everyone!  The more the merrier!  Everyone keep on plugging in to the posts and keep right on moving.  We are going to challenge ourselves to be fit and have a good time while we do it!  ; )  
count me in ive been trying for so long to drop these pounds ive lost 40 pounds so far an ended up putting about 20 back on just joined the gym an hopeing this will be the time it all comes off.
Hi, I'm just browsing, but would like to know if this is the place for me.  

I am right now hypothyroid and hypoglycemic along with low potassium which hospitalized me this week.  Please tell me there is help for me here or point me in the right direction.

I would like to join this challenge! Please let me know what I need to do! I have a lot to lose and would love to see it go!

I'm in for the challenge!  I look forward to losing (weight that is!) with you all!  
I just found this so I'm starting a little late.  I'm ready for the Challenge.

I'm having foot surgery on Feb. 23 and losing about 30lbs will help my recovery.
My oh my ... this last week with record cold temps and frozen water pipes kept me from the community and I can hardly wait to WELCOME EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!!!

judyis68 - Depression is a common emotion that tends to thwart our weight loss efforts.  However, we can all learn to change our thought processes and see the positive in most situations.  Certainly welcome you and look forward to watching the sunshine that is in you come forth.

Mikael'smom - Love that you have sized this time to address your weight loss and feel better; how amazing and 2009 is our year!

txmama - 150 lbs can seem overwhelming at times but I am here to assure you that YOU CAN DO THIS!  May I suggest you try to focus on 2-5 lbs and only those, reach that goal, celebrate YOUR Success and then set another small goal.  In this manner, the goals are attainable, the many smaller successes encourage you to keep moving forward and gives you self-motivation.  Before long, the weight will be gone .. now it is not overnight .. but as long as you keep going in the right direction .. you will get there!  Please stay involved in the community posts, make your own post, call out for help, ask questions, do the homework, participate in the challenge posts, make friends, give and receive support and implement your trackers.  We're all here to help.

twehner5 - LOLLL .. you're Never slow to catch on and you've been in the challenge since the beginning!!!  You're one of the stars that light the way for others .. heartfelt thanks to you.

PMoon - Stress eating is a problem many of us face, myself included.  What I can share with you is that we can work on it together and learn new techniques.  Do the homework assignments (101,102 and 103 are out there and I'll be posting 104) soon.  You are correct, yo-yo dieting has to stop and with new techniques, sharing information, support and encouragement, our once learned behaviors can be replaced with new behaviors and the scale will move downward .. even though there are a few ups and downs along the way .. we can change our lifestyle and improve our health.

Lucinda - Thanks for welcoming our new members and encouraging our team!

Towens8155 - Congratulations on the 40 lbs you lost and please know that we all relapse from time to time.  The key is your determination and perseverence to reclaim the 20 lbs and to learn new behaviors to keep it off and resist the temptations and learn new coping skills that thwart those things in the future.  It doesn't change overnight so you must forgive yourself quickly .. just never give up and slowly and surely those times will get farther apart and your coping skills will more and more become second nature.

blksapphire - Glad you were browing and YES, this is the place for YOU if you'd like to lose weight in a healthy and longterm manner.  Many members have hypothyroidism and/or hypoglycemia and in the months to come we will be doing more and more to research and publish information to help.  To point you in the right direction now, may I suggest 6 small meals a day (3 small meals, 3 snacks) that are higher in protein.  In addition, watch your carbohydrate intake and, when eating carbohydrates, try complex carbs by using whole wheat and multigrain choices.  You may also find it beneficial to move, exercise of any kind, and keep it different and changing from day to day.  This is called muscle confusion and you can obtain the best benefits by keeping your muscles guessing about what is coming next.  Our bodies adapt quickly so we have to keep surprising it.  Welcome Aboard!  Just shout out when you have questions, need help or elect to share information.  Participate in the challenge posts, Live Chats, trackers and actively participate in the community.

dai3symae - You've never late .. always on time!  This is a year-long challenge so Anyone can join or rejoin Anytime!  For the most success, stay involved.  Are you trying to lose 30 lbs before your surgery 2/23???  1-2 lbs a week is a healthy and realistic goal and every bit you lose, before and after your surger, will help you long-term.  Welcome!

Very best wishes to all of you and thank you sincerely for sharing your journeys with us.  We are definitely stronger together and we look forward to your participation!  Thank YOU!!!
IIH50311 - Welcome, welcome, Welcome!  We certainly look forward to losing with you!!!  See we are in the same vicinity and am available to talk if you would like additional assistance or a sounding board.  So very glad you have joined us here in Weight Loss & Dieting and in MedHelp!
i'm in fo sho...lol....lets go i'm startin quarterback this year for my team, I NEED SOME SPEED BABY!!!!! (as you can tell i will bring some enthusiasm to this thing haha)
Yes, me toooooo!  Late last year stopped indulging in speed/ice, gained heaps of weight - want to lose 15-20 kilos for sure this 2009.  I refuse to go through another hot summer here in Melbourne that I'm having right now.
I am new here and this is my first post, but I would love a challenge!  I need someone to keep me accountable!  I have been at the gym for 2 weeks now and I feel better than I have in years!  Only 17 lbs gone but I feel like it is 100!  I can't imagine how good I will feel when it is 100!!!  
ajwwr82 - We're thrilled to have someone with all that excitement and welcome you as our quarterback!  

jellybean14fun - Welcome aboard and so glad you found us!  Warm .. there's warm somewhere?  LOLLL I'm living in the middle of the United States in a freezer!!!  It's barely above zero and I'd be happy to send some snow if you can direct the sunshine to visit us here!  

sgarling - Thank you for having the courage to make your first post; that is a gigantic step and we're so very excited you have joined us.  We'll do out best to keep you accountable and also ask that you keep logging into the site and participate in the posts and activities; it is the very best way to stay engaged and obtain the most support.  CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on the 17 pounds and for making the gym a priority.  It is Amazing what it feel like to lose 17 pound and you just wait .. 100 feels AWESOME!  

Can hardly wait to watch your journeys unfold ... you are each unique and bring much to our community!  WELCOMEEEE!!!!
I have been doing my weight management using chinese treatment. It was basically a herbal tea formula that is as easy as a cup per day. It cleanse the fat which our diet has so much, and now I feel great.
I'm in!!!! i am seeing a weight loss doc along with eating healthy and exercising. i have already lost 9.5lbs in two weeks!!!! my goal is to lose 77lbs.!! GL to all!!!
I am scared to fail, but I have to lose weight. My health is being compromised by the additional 60 lbs I am carrying around. I did the B12 and Phentermine and it worked great 1.5 years ago/ When I stopped, I got sick and gained it all back. This time I want to do it with my mind and habits so I can maintain the loss.
Hi, I just started trying to lose weight a few days ago and my start out weight was 185lbs. I started eating healthier, quit drinking soda, and also started exercising! I have lost almost 2 lbs already and am so excited! My goal is to get down to at least 160lbs by the end of May, but would love to get down a lil lower then that! my pre-pregnancy weight was 145, and maybe someday I will see that figure again! lol. I am SO glad I found this website, and this group! It is really helpful to be able to watch your progress via the trackers, and it's amazing to have all this support! I love it! I wish everyone out there the best of luck in achieving your goals! May this be the best year ever for all of us! =]
txjess3, ngio64 and ValRiggs - Am wholeheartedly behind you and your choice to lose weight in a healthy and safe manner.  It truly is the only way .. there simply is not quick fix and the only sustainable long-term way is to change our habits.  

txjess3 - Working with your doctor and tying into this support community is a marvelous way to achieve your goal.  9.5 lbs is a fantastic start and you will be surprised and empowered as  you see the weight keep dwindling away until you reach your remaining 77 pound goal!

ngio64 - Fear of failing is real and, unfortunately, it kept me hiding with my head in the sand for 30 years and took me to 330 lbs before I faced it.  As I worked through my thoughts and the reasons behind my fears, I realized I was truly afraid of succeeding.  This quote opened my eyes and I kept it near me and read it over and over again every time the fear of failure entered my mind .. Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?” Actually, who are you not to be? Nelson Mandela

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It is our dream no one has a right to prevent us from reaching it, lease of all us!

ValRiggs - What a testament you are to enlightenment.  Doesn't it feel liberating to realize you alone have the power for your future!  You've made amazing healthy changes already and your journey will only get better!  Your overall goal is reasonable and .. may I suggest .. that you make small goals along the way so you have and can celebrate many small successes!  It helps with the motivation and mindset.  

The trackers are great tools in helping us chart our course.  They show us where we are, we can see where we're going, make adjustments when necessary and provide us with a history of our accomplishments!  In addition to the weight, exercise and mood trackers that are most helpful in weight loss, MedHelp is formulating a food journal that we hope to have available fairly soon.

Warmest welcome wishes to all of you .. we are absolutely jumping for joy that you are hear and have chosen to share your journeys with us!!!
i like your challange dream believe achieve. i have the dream and i have been achieving,just find it hard to believe i will ever make it to my goal wieght, but most important staying there. thanks for the words of encouragement on your post
Dearest Elaine - Thank you for your heartfelt post and please know that sometimes you have to keep telling yourself positive things over and over .. even when you may not believe it wholeheartedly .. and there will come a day that your mind can accept and believe!  

Here's a couple ideas that may help.

1.  Every time a negative thought comes into your mind and you doubt whether you will reach your goal weight .. immediately say (out loud) 3 TIMES .. I will reach my goal weight, live my dream and be the best I can be!  This sounds silly, but it conditions our mind to believe and helps us break the cycle of believing negative.  

2.  Try to view this as a journey with something new around every corner.  Be happy with each day that you do well and celebrate it!  Use those days that you did not do well as opportunities to learn .. forgive yourself quickly and start out fresh the next day.  You only fail if you give up.

3.  Know that if you stay fairly consistent with eating healthy foods in the proper portions, exercise moderately and keep participating in this community to gain support, motivation, information, encouragement and friendship .. each day that passes brings you closer to your goal.

4.  Set small goals of 1-3 pounds and then celebrate your success!!!!  This allows you many celebrations and helps build our self-esteem and reinforces our CAN DO Attitudes!  

I couldn't imagine losing 150 pounds .. but yet I did.  I just didn't focus on 150 .. I focused on 1-3 and celebrated and celebrated and celebrated.  

YOU TRULY CAN DO THIS .. I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!   Your Journey is SOOO Exciting!
thank you so much for your comments, i have started telling myself i can do it,
and im going to change my program at the gym been doing the same thing since april,
and have lost intrest in going so hope changing it will give me another boost.
Hi everyone i'm new to this site and wanting to loose a little weight - but mainly just eat healthy and feel better about myself. Ranaesheart, these really are some great words of encouragement you are giving!
I'm in!!! I've been trying to lose weight for about a month now...so far I'm pretty sure I've gained weight. Not sure if it's been the weight training at the gym, or the increased cardio causing me to become even more hungry. Hopefully with the support of this community I'll be able to stay more focused!
BIG WELCOMING HUGGGSSSSS .. so absolutely Wonderful you have joined us!!!

elaine1961 - Yes, elaine1961 .. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!  Keep telling yourself that, out loud .. all the time!  Changing up your gym plan is a great place to start!  Look at is as an adventure and explore, explore, explore!  Do something different every day and keep your muscles guessing what will come next.  Surprise them .. and they will keep working efficiently due to muscle confusion.  

skisoph086 - Deciding to lose weight is the first step and wow .. we BELIEVE in YOU!!!  Just think of the how much healthier you are going to be and how energetic you will feel!   As you work towards this goal, you will enjoy the changes in your body and you will indeed feel better and so proud of your accomplishments!  

Thank you for your kind comments (blushing) .. just paying it forward for what others have done for me.  Looking forward to hearing your progress!

Carrie423 - Glad you are involved in an exercise program and so happy you are here!  The community members here have amassed a wealth of information they share freely .. so just post your questions, problem areas or success and we'll all be here for you!  

May I suggest that you eat something prior to working out .. like an apple or banana for quick energy.  Then, after your workout, eat some protein .. like some sliced deli turkey or small bowl of cereal with milk (cereal and milk make a protein).  This should help with your appetite and keep you losing.

Again .. welcome and please use your trackers (weight, exercise and mood) on a regular basis .. they do indeed help in our awareness and give us an excellent record of our progress!  

Very best wishes ..

Hello is this discussion still open? If so I would like to join the challenge. I really need to get my butt in gear and lose weight and get in shape. I really want to but I stop myself. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Here's to a new me in 2009!!!
wearechevytough
Yes .. the challenge is open to everyone!  There is a link in the Health Pages that will give you more information .. http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Weight-Loss/Dream-Believe-Achieve-Challenge-Information/show/543?cid=129

We're also involved in a spontaneous month-long challenge ... with a little silliness and fun while we support each other in our weight loss efforts!  Here's a couple links to share with you what is going on ...

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/776463

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/780408

As for stopping yourself .. let me share an article with you that I hold most dear since Michael, who adapted the poem you will find within, is now on a respirator trying to cling to life.  http://www.ranaesheart.com/2008/06/love-yourself-thin.html  

Not to give you too much to read .. but you have struck a chord in my heart because I felt like you do .. and have overcome that .. and hope these things I share with you will help you to overcome them to.  Hope these thoughts help.  Know that staying involved in THIS community is the way to help you succeed!

http://www.ranaesheart.com/2008/04/motivation-and-support-keys-to.html

http://www.ranaesheart.com/2008/07/power-of-positive-thinking.html

Mozart composed music at the age of 5, the child no doubt had a dream, he and people around him believed he would be great, and he achieved his dream, and left the world some beautiful melodies.
The child in me has a dream to lose as much weight and over come my heart problems to learn my grandson to play football. I believe with the support, that will be given, by those around me and the example my wife is to me, i will achieve.
I am with you all, through any high's or low's,
Steve - Thank you for your inspiring and heartwarming post on this thread.  The words you have given are soooo inspirational and a testament to your dreams, goals and the vision and belief you have and will achieve!  The love for your wife and family shine through your message.  

Perhaps you would consider reposting your message in a new thread .. it is that inspirational that it would serve the community and you as well to bring it to the forefront of our awareness.

I hope you will forgive my late response as I have been dealing with the death of a very dear friend and a few personal stresses.  

Welcome to the WL&D community!  Your posts have been encouraging and supportive and we are thrilled you have joined us!!!!  

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!  
Thank you for your welcome. Elaine1961 encouraged me to join in on WL & D, as all this Community mailing is new to me, please let me know which threads would be inspired by my previous words and how to post them. Or if you wish you have my permission to post my previous comments of uplift to where you wish. I am pleased to think that my few words could inspire or encourage anyone, i just put down whats in my heart.
Hi everyone, I often feel like I'm just a failure, unable to conquer the demon that stops me achieveing my weight loss.  I fall by the wayside and dont believe that success is ever going to be mine.  

After reading again Dream Believe Achieve I realised I miss out the middle step therefore dont get to the achieve stage.  I guess I really am my own worse enemy.

I found this quote and thought I'd post it, adding these words to the Belive stage really could achieve.

Energy and persistence conquer all things.
Benjamin Franklin

Sending love and sunshine twinks x
count me in!!
I have lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks.  I am in on this battle with you all!  I generally eat pretty health the fast food was what always caught me up.  So my hubby and I now only go out to eat once a week on saturdays after church.  I have not changed my eating habits other than that. Also I would really suggest getting the walk away the pounds dvd it is awsome it is really low impact, they have differant programs so it can be a fast strong work out or a low good work out still.  My mom has fibro and she would be able to do this work out.  Any way just a few tips for everyone!
I am Jennifer and I am a mommy to a beautiful baby boy Joey, of whom I want to be around for a long time for. Right now I weight 259 and I dont like it. I have lost quite a bit of inches, but not alot of pounds. My baby was born three months ago and I actually lost 25 pounds but have gained 5 back. I am here for support and for friends! Does anyone know where to find what healthy weight I should actually be?
Good to be here!
Jennifer
I am just joining this here on the internet but my weight loss journey has already begun.  I have struggled with manic depression for about 10 years now and tried to deal with it on my own.  I finally realized that I cannot.  I started counseling, was put on depression medication, found out that I have type 2 diabetes and have been changing everything since the end of March.  I had begun at 343 at the end of March and last Thursday, I weighed in at 331.  My husband bought me a bicycle, which I feel like a kid again when I ride and I LUUUUUUUUVV it!!  I eat healthier now, which I had already started, but my husband rides with me and we try to ride at least 4 miles three times a week.  I also have the walking at home DVD's which I just found again so I going to start using them.  For any who have suffered from depression and not sought help for it yet, I don't usually advocated medication, I don't like the idea of a dependency and was very resistant against it, but if you have not been able to pull yourself out of it, please see a doctor.  After 10 years of not being happy, teetering on divorce, separating myself from my family, I am finally feeling in control of myself and back to being ME again, which I love even without the weight loss aspect.

It is a long, difficult journey, but believe me, it is WELL WORTH it!  If you have negative feelings that keep creeping in, try to see if they have a recurring theme to them and change them.  Think positively.  That is the key to changing our lives.  Look at the blessings that we have in our lives.  The Lord provides ways for each of us to make it through life, and with communities such as this and family and friendship, we can unite together to accomplish whatever goals we set in mind.  

As a side note, NONE of my clothes fit me now, but I am going to alter them to make them smaller and when I went to Cato's yesterday, I found that I have lost 8 pants sizes!  I was grinning like a cheshire cat and so excited I was bouncing around to see that I could buy clothes from a regular store again!  It was a very exhilarating feeling!!  And, my hubby was just as excited!!

Keep up all of your great work, and log and OWN your accomplishments!! You are entitled to and deserve each and every one of them!!  Best wishes everyone!!

Sholla
if this is still open. I am joining. I need to get my butt in gear again! I am 20, healthy and moderately active and I am currently at 160. My goal is to be 145 on my wedding day (24 months from today) this mean I have 15 pounds to go! I will be challenging myself to meet this goal from now on!
Hi.  I had been a successful dieter, but that's the problem- I've been doing nothing but diet for a long time.  I also have multiple food allergies which limit my diet to nothing but healthy whole foods, in a household of junk food junkies (NO support!).  Add a super-duper stressful household with extreme financial issues, sometimes making healthy foods difficult to afford- and sometimes I can't afford the food I need to be eating and must eat the cheap foods I'm allergic to.

Consequently, I'd been dieting, but each time I fell off my diet for the last few years, I'd gain back more weight than I'd lost.  I'm near my maximum weights- Post- partum weights 20 years ago.

Two days ago my Primary Care doctor said my blood pressure is borderline high, and if I can't get it down, he will have to medicate me.  I don't want that, and as my husband takes a lot of meds for a cardiac condition, I worry about affording it too.  

I know my enjoyment of wine has exacerbated the weight issues.  My lack of sleep.  And my starting on a diet and just plain giving up.  I have 54 lbs. to lose.  When I get on track I'll lose like you wouldn't believe.  I want to believe.  Brightest Blessings!  Schisandraa  
First, please let me extend my deepest apologies for not responding to our most recent new members before now.  There have been some overwhelming personal issues that have hampered my best intentions.

That said, let me extend to you the most heartfelt and warm welcome to the Weight Loss & Dieting Community!!!  The members here have caring spirits, much information to share and believe in slowly and steadily making the lifelong changes to bring about our weight loss goals and a healthy lifestyle.

twinkle36 - Believing in ourselves can be a difficult task at first, usually because we've tried many diets and failed and the self-talk we give ourselves is less than kind.  I would like to challenge you, and others, to a few simple steps, although they may feel funny at first.

1.  No longer refer to losing weight as a "diet".  "Diets", by their name alone, have a beginning and an end and the end is usually when we fall off and beat ourselves up.

2.  Think of losing weight as a lifestyle change and compare it to learning to ride a bike.  Just as you fall off a bike, you are encouraged to get back on and try again.  That is our overall belief.  There will be times you fail, we all do.  We are not perfect and these behaviors have been learned over a lifetime.  We must learn to forgive ourselves easily and quickly and vow to get back up and start again and never, ever quit.

3.  Each time you think of something negative you are saying to yourself, stop immediately and replace it with three positive things about yourself.  Say it out loud.

4.  Look in the mirror each day and tell yourself you are worthy, you are valuable, that you love you and that you can do this.  While your mind may not believe this at first, your mind accepts what you say to it, positive or negative.  After a while, it will feel more comfortable and you will feel better about yourself.

reau - You're IN!!!!  It's that easy!  Now just participate in the community, respond to posts, ask questions and let's do this together!

mrsruiz - Try keeping your Food Diary so you have some feedback of what you are eating and the calorie counts as it will help in the long run.  In addition, we you go out to eat, here are a few suggestions.

1.  When placing your order, ask your server for an extra box and divide your meal in half.  Save the other half for lunch the next day as restaurant portions are usually too large.

2.  If you can not trust yourself to not eat it that evening, then leave it at the restaurant and pour water on it so you are not tempted to keep eating.

Joeysfoxymama - Congratulations on the birth of Joey; he is a darling!  So now .. it's time to pick up where we left off before you got pregnant.  Yes, I can help you find your "healthy" weight.  PM me your height, weight, age, and activity level.  Have to know that information to get started.  This should also be available on the set-up page of your Food Diary.  Remember, it takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose 1 pound, either by cutting back on food or increasing exercise.

chula1993 - WTG and what a GREAT ATTITUDE you have!  You have found the key and CAN DO THIS!!!  The support of your husband is Awesome and perhaps you should have him join us too!  There is another husband and wife couple on here .. Elaine1961 and Steve1954.  Keep up the great work with the bicycle and keep taking those meds .. they are important.  As you continue your journey, your days will brighten more and more and you simply won't believe all that wonders your journey has in store for you!  May I suggest .. start taking weekly pictures .. even if you do nothing more than date them and put them in a box ... there will come a time when you will cherish all of them.  And, if you're interested, we can help you make a picture video of just how far you've come.  Glad to have you here .. reach out and stay active .. it's important.

wolfee2010 - Of COURSE this is ALWAYS OPEN and YOU ARE WELCOME AND WANTED!  This is an ongoing support group and we never stop ... even some who have reached their goal weight still share their advice and experience with others who are traveling the path to a new lifestyle.  CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on your upcoming wedding .. how exciting!!!  Can't wait to see you realize your dreams and post pictures.  We'll want to hear about your progress with the wedding and the changes you are making.

Schisandraa - WELCOME and NOW YOU HAVE SUPPORT!!!  The WL&D Community is certainly the place for that!  There is information to share so don't be bashful and ask questions, the members here have a wealth of knowledge and a wonderful sense of humor to share as well!  

May I suggest you begin removing the word "diet" from your vocabulary and replacing it with lifestyle change.  The word diet sets us up as there is a beginning and an end to a diet.  Either we stop it because we "fail" or we stop it and then "return" to a previous way of eating ... that got us in trouble in the first place.  Besides .. did you ever look at the first three letters of the word ... D-I-E T?

Regular sleep helps with losing weight so try to do that.  In addition, there are several of us who like a little wine now and then .. may I suggest you try 4 oz and use some diet 7-up or diet Sprite and make a spritzer?  Still get the taste but in a slightly different way .. OR .. have a small glass .. 6-8 oz .. once a week and count the calories.

THRILLED YOU ARE ALL HERE!!!   Please be sure to implement all the tools available .. FOOD DIARY is key!  Then, the weight tracker, exercise tracker, mood tracker .. and take a look at all the others MedHelp has developed to help us.  

NOW .. LET'S GET ACTIVE AND HEALTHY TOGETHER!!!!!  Many (((Hugs))) and wishes for your continued success!  WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!
Down past 170 (This time for real!) O.K. not that far down but I have done the happy dance today.  OOOOH, I wish I could get on the doctor's scale today & show him.  On another note had a dentist appointment last night & feel like I've been socked in the jaw but I don't have to go back for another 6 months. YAY!

Food Tracker is a GOD SEND.
Joined the YMCA

Thank you so much for being here!

Sunshine
What WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!  WE are SO PROUD of YOU!!!!!   Dancing right along with you!!!

By the way .. THANK  Y O U  for being here!!!!  and taking such good care of YOU!
ok. starting eating healthier a month ago. stop drinking 2 weeks ago and 10 lbs are off. i wake up early every morning for  an hour walk. no matter what. dedicated for the weight to come off... 50 more lbs and then a new goal. 22 year old male so i have the energy for it.
Congrats of the weight you've lost already.   Keep up the great attitude.  We're hear if you need us!

Sunshine
How do I update my weight on the tracker?  I was looking but couldnt figure it out.  From the end of march of this year, I am down about 33 pounds now.
I figured it out, silly me!!  Thanks for the support, I really do appreciate it.  I haven't been able to ride my bike because my vans been in the shop and I usually ride at the bike park, but I get my van back today and I am SOOOO EXCITED!!!!  Good luck to all of you on your journey!

Just realized that my 350 beginning was at the end of January, but thats okay, because I am happy with what I have, OH, and WiiFit is AWESOME for helping with the weight loss, too!!

Big hugs to all!
OK for all my troubles this week there is an upside.  I hit the 10 lb mark this morning.  I only have 5 more to go until my next goal.  I gave away two pairs of shorts this weekend because they would not stay up.  I also had the energy to chase and be chased by the kids around the park with squirt guns. It feels like a moment of calm water in the middle of a storm.
hey guys!

THIS SITE IS AWESOME! im soooo glad i came across it!

iv always had a problem with weight loss, and have always been overweight (obese as the doctors would put it!) lol, and i have never let it bother me, because iv always believed if im happy with myself, then whats the problem right? i mean... i was always active, playing sports etc... my only downfall was that i like my fast food! lol

but for the last 3 weeks i have been trully determined to lose weight, and have been on a liquid diet, with extreme amounts of exercise during the day (usually twice a day in the gym or sometimes if i get time im in there 3 times a day!)  today i have lost a total of 1 1/2 stone! and i think for my target weight i still have 7 stones to go!

i know everyone says that if you lose weight quickly you put it on quickly, because you havnt learnt to control the amount you eat! but i think i could have found a solution! yesterday, i was out with my sister and she wanted to go to pizza hut! we we went, (usually if i go, i will have atleast 4 or 5 slices! and as many refill cokes as i could possibly get through!) but yesterday, rather then ordering coke i went for water with ice, and i must have drank at least 2 glasses before our food came! low and behold, one slice of pizza later i was full up! i had quenched my appetite and felt good..... so maybe there is a way to control how much we eat after we have lost the weight that we all want to lose... the answer in my view is water! water is brilliant, its good for us, and it fills us up! that was we dont have to eat as much! plus its alot better then having all the sugar that is found in coke! lol!

anyways! good luck to you all! this site has been very helpful! its even been set as my homepage!

niraj!
Greetings all! I'm a little late to get in on the 2009 challenge, but I figured these last few months will give me the warm up I need for 2010.  I want to make sure I send out a great big Thank you to Raneasheart for keep this group so upbeat, and informed from realiable sources.  I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all!
Is it too late to jump in?  Hope not. Weigh-in is Monday's OK
Even later start, but you gotta start sometime. = )