Bipolar disorder
Can i get bipolar disorder from my mom if she has it even though its been fourteen years since i was born and i still dont have it should i be worried about it or just dont worry at all someone help me
It can run in a family but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.  If you have symptoms; mania, depression, etc. then I would get it checked out to be sure.  Sometimes people aren't diagnosed for years, but looking back they see there were symptoms that occurred in their past.  I wasn't diagnosed until I was 23 when I ended up in the hospital for a suicide attempt but definitely had symptoms years before that going back to when I was about 10.  If you are aware of the symptoms being your mom is bipolar you can read more about it and see if you have symptoms.  If you are not having any symptoms and are just worried that you might be diagnosed in the future that isn't something you should spend a lot of time on being it's not a guarantee that you will be bipolar just because your mom is.  I have two brothers and two sisters and they do not have bipolar disorder.  Hope this helps!  Also there is a test that you can take on this site to check if you do have bipolar symptoms-it can't be used to diagnose and if you do score high  it still needs to be accurately diagnosed by a doctor the score just suggests that you have symptoms that can be related to bipolar but not necessarily caused by being bipolar.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
rogelio63 whatever Comment
Dec 17
Ruenie joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 11
TheLightSeeker commented on Tough Year
Dec 09