mental health chats User Group
Bipolar disorder
About This Group:

I noticed there are many groups for each illness. So I thought of an idea to have a group where we can talk about many different mental illnesses, share our stories, suport each other, and hopefully make friends. Anyone is welcome who has a mental illness or knows someone who does or is just interested in this discussion. Topics covered include depression, anxiety, bipolar, autism, schitzophrania, and ect. So feel free to mintion other mental or emotional problems that arn't listed too.

Founded by innerchild09 on November 18, 2009
379 members

Bipolar disorder

Can i get bipolar disorder from my mom if she has it even though its been fourteen years since i was born and i still dont have it should i be worried about it or just dont worry at all someone help me
Tags: Bipolar
1 Comment
It can run in a family but I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.  If you have symptoms; mania, depression, etc. then I would get it checked out to be sure.  Sometimes people aren't diagnosed for years, but looking back they see there were symptoms that occurred in their past.  I wasn't diagnosed until I was 23 when I ended up in the hospital for a suicide attempt but definitely had symptoms years before that going back to when I was about 10.  If you are aware of the symptoms being your mom is bipolar you can read more about it and see if you have symptoms.  If you are not having any symptoms and are just worried that you might be diagnosed in the future that isn't something you should spend a lot of time on being it's not a guarantee that you will be bipolar just because your mom is.  I have two brothers and two sisters and they do not have bipolar disorder.  Hope this helps!  Also there is a test that you can take on this site to check if you do have bipolar symptoms-it can't be used to diagnose and if you do score high  it still needs to be accurately diagnosed by a doctor the score just suggests that you have symptoms that can be related to bipolar but not necessarily caused by being bipolar.
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo