GERD (Acid Reflux) Community

This forum is for questions and support regarding Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) / Acid Reflux with topics including: Causes, Constipation, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs and OTC medications, Living with GERD, Loss of Appetite, Preventing Flare-ups, Risk Factors, Symptoms, Support, Surgery, Tests, Treatments.
1 - 20 (of 4126) questions
Hey Everyone, This is my first time posting here but after doing a lot of research on Nissen's, this forum seemed to be the most updat...
39 answers | 3 comments |
I have had GERD since 1994. I have been on several medications. In most recent years I have been taking omeprazole. I think it's been he...
11 answers | 4 comments |
Last month my gastro doctor upgraded my omeprazole from 20mg to 40mg - mainly because my insurance company doesn't cover omeprazole 20mg ...
I am going through what might be the term called : duodenal ulcer, hunger pains and that wear off after I eat, which forces me to eat eve...
1 answer |
Hi I was just wondering if anybody else was have any of these problems I was having if so It would help me so much I have a tightness fee...
I’m late 20s, male, 6ft 158 lbs. I’ve lost 20 pounds since January due to my issues. This has been going on for a few months now. One ...
Initially in 2016 I suddenly became a patient of gerd taking esomeperazole 40mg daily for months relieved burning throat but now I have c...
I have been taking omeprazole 20mg for a week now and noticed that i don't have bowel movements until i use a laxative. Is this normal?
1 answer |
My mother has had IBS for years and has used prilosec for quite a while. A few months ago, she was put on Omeprazole and after 2 weeks o...
14 answers |
I was diagnosed with GERD about fifteen years ago. My doctor at the time prescribed Zantac 150 mg twice a day. She advised that I would h...
5 answers |
This has been ongoing to say the least... Sinus issues for about 10 years Repetitive eye/ear/nose and throat infections (No space or ...
1 answer |
Hi, I am 20 years old was over weight most of my life and in college freshmen year was diagnosed with gerd after chest pains and sour tas...
2 answers |
How do I deal with excessive and constant thick mucous in the back of my throat which seems to be a symptom of my GERD? I had it on and o...
3 answers |
Since February I have had aches near and around my adams apple. It comes and goes. Went to my gastro doc and he believes it is an ENT is...
1 answer | 2 comments |
Hi, I have always wondered why this happens and hoping to get a clearer understanding, but since I can remember, after eating a particula...
3 answers | 1 comment |
Hi guys, I've had a Nissen Fundoplication (partial) done in 2012 for severe GERD and Barrets Esophagus. I've been okay, but for the p...
Hello, I’m wondering if anyone have any insights, I do suffer from acid reflux but I have no diagnosis simply because I haven’t sought he...
Hi, apologies in advance for this being really long. I am a 32 year old male with numerous symptoms, the main ones being extreme lighthea...
1 answer |
I recently had symptoms of GERD so i was sent for an endoscope and these are the findings. 1.Oesophagitis. 2.4cm Hiatus Hernia. 3.Refl...
I have had a severe constant burning pain in the left side of my chest (front about a inch in from the center) for 14 mths now, I have h...
7 answers | 1 comment |
GERD (Acid Reflux) Community
3.06k Members
4.13k Questions
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem