Aa
A
A
A
Close

Muscular Dystrophy Community

Muscular Dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 inherited diseases that cause muscle weakness and muscle loss and eventually cause you to lose the ability to walk. Discuss topics including Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), other types of MD, symptoms and ways to improve quality of life.
1 - 20 (of 94) questions
I have mild muscular dystrophy type lymgurtle and the sub type is unknown, I am 16 years old and just finished the tenth grade. I was dia...
I have mild muscular dystrophy type lymgurtle and the sub type is unknown, I am 16 years old and just finished the tenth grade. I was dia...
My age is 21 and i am suffering 1) pain and stiffness in the muscles 2) difficulty with running and jumping 3) difficulty sitting up ...
Has anyone had stem cell treatment for beaker muscular dystrophy if what was the outcome
Hello all! I hope you don't mind, but I'm currently working on a project where we've been challenged to create an app for your phone that...
I'm 57 year old male. About 2 months I Started feeling a very bad pain in the back of my left calf.Didn't know where it came from. Las...
In February, I noticed that my posture was off and my shoulders where hunched up towards my head and forward with prominent muscle knots ...
there is a pain like stress or pressure when I bend down, I just feel like any heavy luggage in the centre of my chest. kindly please tel...
I am going thru several problems. Fibromyalgia diagnosed 7 yrs ago and Hypothyroid patient since 11 yrs. After 2011 I have good relaxatio...
I have Becker's muscular dystrophy and im starting a little project on you-tube to raise awareness, would anyone like to participate? The...
Hello, I have one question if anyone knows someone or an organization that can help my son who has some type of myopathy, but there is no...
hi, my husband and I are wanting to start a family soon. His mother had MD and passed in her early 40s, his father doesn't have MD but on...
Hello all, my son just got diagnosed with DMD. Are there any other parents out there who I can talk to? It looks like this forum is not f...
I am going to write a lot of information. A few months ago, I was having on and off stiffness in my right arm while I was at work. There ...
I suffer really bad pains and tingling sensation on legs my feet spasm and my hands go into claw shape if I hold something too long my ha...
Participants wanted for a student research dissertation looking into the effect of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy on the parents. I am lo...
My mother has been suffering from Muscular Dystrophy for most of her life. Now at 70 years old, many of her muscles are extremely weak, a...
My partner's brother has been diagnosed with muscular dystropy. Me or my family does not have this condition. Im worried what if my part...
Hi ,my hubby has got beckers muscular dystrophy and is at the stage where he needs 2 carers 3 times a day ,he's 62 yrs old and we manage ...
Hi, I need advise for my father. He is patient of distal myopathy which is proved by a team of doctor's 3 years ago and he has the pro...
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease