Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Day 3 yeah me!

Well i managed to sleep a full night again wich im greatful for since i know so many people are struggling with that aspect. My biggest problem right now are CRAMPS the kind only ladies can relate to;). Im used to vicodins to get me through so this is a struggle because there real bad! Im fighting thru though with good old motrin. Im feeling a little anxious but the fog is lifting so thats good!  Im gonna beat this.. I am...through all the crappy stuff im feeling HOPE for the first time.......sending love to all of you...Nessa
Two snaps up!  

I am entering my third week and am really starting to feel amazing.  Even though I am still detox-ish and a little depressed, nothing beats the ability to walk among the living again.

You are well on your way.  Sorry about your cramps, but alas, my lack of female parts prevents me from really understanding!  You sound in good spirits, so keep at it and remember- it gets so much easier and you will be able to rediscover life, which is thrilling.

Yea you.

Matt
Day two is underway.  Just a little anxious and irritable.   and also have some soreness.  I slept very good last nights.    Good luck everyone.
Thx guys so much for the support it means the world to me. And I have tried some mild exercise it does help. Just taking walks, or even just going out to a store for a bit little things that keep ya moving and take your mind off the pills really help. Congrats on three weeks Matt that is wonderful...And to sick of pills WE GOT THIS! We will be saying 3 weeks in no time.   Nessa
Congratulations to all of you posting on this thread!  I have been following your progress and I am proud that you are sticking to your plan.  The worst part is nearly over.  I have 100 days clean tomorrow and have nver felt better in my life!  Keep moving forward.
congrats Balldad just keep pushing we are all here for you. Did you take anything for the sleep because i think the sleep is what is helping me and the mild exercise. Try to do some small stuff today keep your mind and body occupied it willl help and if you need us we are here.......Nessa
You seem much happier than I was at three days.  I do not think I could have tied my own shoes, much less offer encouragement to others.  Do not question yourself:  "Will I make it?"   Yea, you will.

Glad to see that you are all over this, it's the only way to do it!  

I bought some minty epsom salts yeasterday at Walgreens.  Get some and put them in a hot bath.  This helps with just about every symptom of detox, physical and mental.  Wish I had known about this stuff when I was where you are.  Probably will help with the cramps too.  

matt

100 days woo hooo....Im doing the happy dance for you its just a little sluggish though lol!.......Nessa
You know i got on zoloft over a month ago and im thinking now that im off the Vics its able to do its job properly....When I start to feel down i also think of all the things i can do soon and that makes me feel good inside.. The pain i have im just thinking of it as a battle to win my life back....and i want my life back.    Im sending you some Cheer Matt...  Nessa
Ness - you should be doing the happy dance for you - I think you are doing great.  I am so glad that you appear to be heading down the back stretch.  You may be right, the zoloft is probably working better and that will help with your mood too.  Funny, I was actually taking a medication for RLS before I got off the opiates - I was experiencing extreme daytime sleepiness and my sleep doc said I had RLS and prescribed Mirapex.  It did work, but once I was clean, I found that the Mirapex completely wired me and now I don't take anything.  It was the opiate side effects that was making me sleepy during the day.  You and all the others here are getting your life back - it feels awesome.  Keep plugging forward!
Ah zoloft.  It pulled me out of misery some time ago.  It about a month to really kick in, as it is a cumulative process, meaning that you have to build it up in your system before it starts to work.  So I would say that your timing is just about perfect.  

As you are really getting depressed during detox, zoloft should now be sheilding you somewhat.  A few words of advice- take it every day at the SAME TIME, Take it with food because your body will metabolize it faster.  

Thanks for your support Nessa.  You are in a good place.  Major success is coming your way.

Matt
I'm only about 30 hrs in the most miserable time I've ever had-like I have to tell you-i can get more and am so tempted but I'm so sick of the them. Started using T3 about 5 yrs ago (all with dr sanctions, moved on on Morphine cr now live in Mx where the dr tells me oxy is all that is available and he's definately making his suv payment on what he sells me out of his office.  The system is quite a bit different down here.  The problem is the timing is so bad, my son and his wife are coming this week and I can't let them see me like this!!  I have to stay away from my husband so he isn't miserable too.  OMG I hate myself!  What am I going to do! Jc
You guys just made me tear up.....your kindness also helps my state of mind feel better. so thanks  xoxoxo Nesa
Let it out sister.  I wish I could cry, I think that my eyes are broken or something!  I always joked in the past that if I had the ability to cry, I might never have turned to pills.  Maybe it's because of my penis.  Can I say penis here?
LOL

Keep strong nessa, I'm gonna check back with you later today.  Now I am gonna go out and buy some jeans to fit my newly slim figure.  I heard you are losing weight too.  At least we are gonna be looking fly!

Matt
First off your 30 hrs in DO NOT go back now. Your family loves you and im sure they would support you trough this honesty with those around you will make it easier...My mom and my sister are my biggest fans right now. Read the health pages on the thomas recipe and read what others are doing to help. Being prepared helped me so much, taking small walks and doing things to get my mind off it...which is hard, but doable. Its gonna get worse for a little bit but keep pushing. Take your life back. You can do this.... We can do this ....keep posting it helps......Nessa
Im heading out for a bit...going to the store with my mom i might pick myself up something pretty, now that i have money again lol!   Talk to ya soon!  Nessa
30 hours in, you do not want to repeat them again do ya?  stay strong and hang around on this site.  

You are going to get your life back now.  It is going to hurt for a bit, and at times you will think that this is impossible... but then all of the sudden you are going to feel alive.  Take each day as it comes and good luck to ya.  If you have a particular concern, create your own question and these people will jump to your aid.

Matt
Good for you Nessa , Stay strong . As a person who stayed off of vics for a long time I can tell you I now long for those days again . No anxiety , no being sick . and LOTS of energy ! I am already doing three miles a day running . It was tough at first but getting more easy by the day . Now if I can get the anxiety monster off my back I will be loving life again . I really , really believe I wont be going down that road again as the price is just to high to pay !     Peace  Jimmy
Thank You so much-I will stay in touch here if you don't mind-it really helped to talk.
I always sad I would never let myself get into a position like this-it's humillating for me, I think I should be stronger.  Thanks, for letting me in. Jc
Well i left the house and bam! RLS like a mothatrucker.....I had my mom drive straight to the Gnc got some hylands hoping it kicks in soon. my anxi4ty is prety high right now ugggggggg!  
Stay strong and i know the feeling of humiliation but it makes us humble. Let the humiliation go now your on the right path... Start letting hope replace your humiliation....i ll write more laert im shaking right now.........Neesa
hey nessa,

I think we both felt good this morning.  What happened?  lol, but not really.  I feel terrible and really wanting a pill.  But back to you.  Take it easy on yourself.  I think you are expecting too much too soon.  You are gonna be kinda sick for a bit.  Just stay with it whatever it takes.  I promise I won't cave, even if it is just to show you that we can do this.

Matt
No pills for you Matt and No pills for me! Were gonna do this. In a few weeks we will be guiding the newbies lol! and we'll on our way to having our lives back! My anxiety and rls is getting the best of me right now the hyland worked a bit but im gonna go for a walk when the sun goes down......Sending hugs your Matt....Nessa
Ness, If I can get to where I am, you can too. I am pulling for you. Read my latest post - AMAZING on day 4 (well so far, and for me) Everyday does get better as all have said. I know I have to deal with the mental addiction issue now too, but I FEEL GREAT TODAY, so far. KEEP GOING. Advil, motrin and stuff like that take some of the achs away. My back doesnt even hurt like i thought it would - trippy
Check out this chick, nessa.

Shes totally got it going on.  Shes gonna make it.