Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

In a messy situation

It's been a long time since I've posted on hear, I got messed up with some bad people and ended up living with a drug dealer. I'm almost 21 now and I never thought I would be in this situation...I've moved back home and tried to stay clean, I got to almost 3 months and just caved. I feel like I have failed my parents now, they want me to go to rehab to kick this habit but I can't see myself lasting there. I don't want to live this life anymore but I can't seem to get away from it no matter how hard I try.
you can do it!!!!  Ok so you messed up,,, pick yourself up and try again. Baby I have been sober for three years now but if I stopped every time I messed up, I would have never got three years under my belt. Sometimes relapse is a part of recovery. Baby girl we learn from our mistakes, so if we never make any mistakes then how would we learn??????  So get up and start over!!! You can do it. We are all here for you. Give rehab a try. I know you think you wont make it but maybe rehab is just what you need.  If nonthing else, at least it will give you some time away from all the bad things in your life. Try it, you might just like it. You can do it sweetie. Keep posting and let me know how you are doing!!!  You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
Lisa
Jacksonville,Florida

ps  by the way, my spelling *****!!! lol
Thanks Lisa I really appreciate the support. 3 years congratz that's so awesome! I hope to be sober in 3 years. I ll give rehab a try maby only a few weeks, but at least it's better than nothing. I still can't sleep, all I want to do is have a few cones so I can sleep. My dealer got caught by the cops, that's kinda good cause now I don't have someone around the corner to get off.
Melissa
Sydney, Australia