Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

i am sorry

I just want to apologise to everyone on this site, because I have done nothing but lie to you all the whole time I have been on here. I am married to a wonderful woman who would never have ever left or abandon her kids. she loves her kids very much and is the only one working to provide for what they need.. I am a liar, piece of **** who does nothing but lies and cheats on her. I steal money from her and take advantage of her, while she works her *** off. I am not a boxer. I am a lazy drug addicted liar! I am truely sorry for screwing with you all.
I don't understand.....Why lie to us?
I'll leave you all with something my counselor at rehab told me..."I'll always believe everything an addict DOES". Hard to do on a forum where it's all what someone said.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Surprised at the lies? No im not as i know how addicts lie as i lied about everything at one point too, but i am very disappointed.........
Now, I believe disappointment is a very valid feeling about it. In fact, anyone that's followed James' journey would be disappointed that he had to lie. But, as an addict I completely understand. There are no new stories on this website to me. It's a continuous first step meeting where I'm reminded of where I was. James coming clean is something that helps me keep clean. It reminds me of where I am and where I was. I'm disappointed as well, but I'm also thankful and grateful. It's definitely not how I would have felt in active addiction a year ago. But, as they say, we do recover.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am also feeling thankful and grateful that i am no longer leading that life too....Thank God for my meetings.  I only hope that he will find his way also but that has to start with him........sara
lieing about one's addiction is TOTALLY understandable...just cant understand the need to create a whole fake life around it.